Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Would anyone be willing...

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:11 AM
  • 16 Replies

To allow me to photograph their Postpartum stomach for a final project I'm doing in my photography class at John Jay?  The only ones to see the photos will be myself, the professor, and a few students (you won't be displayed anywhere else) This photo shoot should take no more than 45 minutes to an hour (probably less!)...

The project I'm thinking about doing is exploring beauty in changing bodies after the birth of a child.  I was thinking of doing 3 different shots...  

1) one with you writing on your stomach or body as you'd like to change it or how society says you should appear with a washable marker (this is OPTIONAL- but think of a plastic surgeon)

2) one with you looking more comfortable in your body while the area is photographed (you in a bathing suit, or bra and panties, or something else that exposes your stomach/area you feel self conscious about),

3) and one of you and your children (who gave you your body)  I'll come to you, or you can come to me- whatever is more comfortable to you.  

In exchange for allowing me to shoot you, I'll do a family photo shoot with your and your family for free this summer at any location with in a 45 minute train ride from the city-- high line, Brooklyn bridge, possibilities are endless! You'll get a disk with ALL the images as well as edited images:)  I'll have to shoot you next week, or early the week after.  

Here are some examples of my work... 

Body shots: 

Fun kid shots: 

Family portraits: 

You know you want it

by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Emschick38
by Ali on May. 2, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I would but I think I might be a little bit too far.

.betty.white.
by New Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Where are you?  

Quoting Emschick38:

You know you want it

Emschick38
by Ali on May. 2, 2012 at 8:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting .betty.white.:

Where are you?  

Quoting Emschick38:

South Korea

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Sorry... I have a 5 year old... Im past that "optimal belly time"
Your pix are totally awesome!
.betty.white.
by New Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:46 AM
If you still feel self conscious or think society would be negative due to changes after your child then you fit what I need! DS is 4.5 and I plan to do one

Quoting SamMom912:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting .betty.white.:

If you still feel self conscious or think society would be negative due to changes after your child then you fit what I need! DS is 4.5 and I plan to do one

Quoting SamMom912:

I think I'd cause havoc in the other direction. I'm thinner and in better shape then before my son. LOL

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

although please message me your info as I'd love to maybe get some quotes for family photos and just super cute photos of my little guy!! If youre interested in that....

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:43 AM
The pic of the little boy ripping his shirt open like superman is adorable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.betty.white.
by New Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I don't charge nor do I ever plan to its just something I like to do and am trying to get better at :) I'm headed to class ill email you tonight.

Quoting SamMom912:

although please message me your info as I'd love to maybe get some quotes for family photos and just super cute photos of my little guy!! If youre interested in that....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoachyMom
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Your work is beautiful!!!  I am having a hard time with my body image right now, so I don't think I would be able to help you with your project.  Good luck though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)