Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Would anyone be willing...

Posted by   + Show Post

To allow me to photograph their Postpartum stomach for a final project I'm doing in my photography class at John Jay?  The only ones to see the photos will be myself, the professor, and a few students (you won't be displayed anywhere else) This photo shoot should take no more than 45 minutes to an hour (probably less!)...

The project I'm thinking about doing is exploring beauty in changing bodies after the birth of a child.  I was thinking of doing 3 different shots...  

1) one with you writing on your stomach or body as you'd like to change it or how society says you should appear with a washable marker (this is OPTIONAL- but think of a plastic surgeon)

2) one with you looking more comfortable in your body while the area is photographed (you in a bathing suit, or bra and panties, or something else that exposes your stomach/area you feel self conscious about),

3) and one of you and your children (who gave you your body)  I'll come to you, or you can come to me- whatever is more comfortable to you.  

In exchange for allowing me to shoot you, I'll do a family photo shoot with your and your family for free this summer at any location with in a 45 minute train ride from the city-- high line, Brooklyn bridge, possibilities are endless! You'll get a disk with ALL the images as well as edited images:)  I'll have to shoot you next week, or early the week after.  

Here are some examples of my work... 

Body shots: 

Fun kid shots: 

Family portraits: 

You know you want it

by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Replies (11-16):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting CoachyMom:

Your work is beautiful!!!  I am having a hard time with my body image right now, so I don't think I would be able to help you with your project.  Good luck though!

Remember.... if your body is healthy.. it is BEAUTIFUL! HUGS...

CoachyMom
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Thanks Momma!  You are very sweet!!!

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting CoachyMom:

Your work is beautiful!!!  I am having a hard time with my body image right now, so I don't think I would be able to help you with your project.  Good luck though!

Remember.... if your body is healthy.. it is BEAUTIFUL! HUGS...

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 2, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Sorry. I'm way past postpartum belly stage. Mine are 20 and 14 :)

I hope you find some one! Love your pics. Especially Superman!

elwalters77
by Erica on May. 2, 2012 at 6:50 PM
I've got the belly for it, but I don't live near the city.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robynjavan7104
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:58 PM
I went to john jay for 2 semesters before I switched to teaching, I still wear my john jay sweatshirt. I always say I wish I could go back to the way I was before my son but I don't think I could show my body because I hate it lol and my son is 7 so its kind of been awhile since he was a baby. I love your pictures though and would definitely pay you to take some of my son for his birthday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe you should reconsider not wanting to charge in the future. No one says you have to charge hundreds like some photographers, but you need to commute, develop the film, it IS your time you're using. If people are willing to pay its a nice way to make some extra money. Just something to think about. Can be a small fee even, $25.00 or so at least.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)