Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

My new home- new pics on page 3

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Ali
  • 31 Replies

Our building is the one in the middle of the three that look alike.

My new Kitchen which is a huge step up from my last one! way over in the corner there is a knob that turns the gas on and off. I love it because the kids cant accidently turn on the stove. The shelf where the crockpot and coffee pot are, it pulls out. And my stove is about the same size as 2 easy bake ovens.

the other side of my kitchen. Out that door there is my laundry room/supply closet/storage space. AKA "stay out room"

The Living room. I rearranged it now but you can get a feel for it. The black wall is recessed and really pretty the red box is our AC. those doors lead to another room, Multi purpose room, that has shelves. Holds lots of stuff, including our gas masks and our "Oh crap we have to leave" bags

This is a full size bed in Abi and Annas room. For now the 3 girls are sharing a bed until I can get a twin bed and a crib (hopefully this week). Katies bedroom is the same size but has an Armoire.

Part of my room. The armoirs is actually 2 units and they are so pretty. they have a flower design on the doors.

Sideways. sorry Anna was helping me get ready for the ball. 

I feel so blessed to have a big enough floor that 5 kids slept on it with plenty of room to spare.

these flowers are everywhere. I hope to get pics of the cherry blossoms tomorrow while I am out. they are breathtaking.This is the ville that is within walking distance It is pretty neat to walk through. And they even have McDonalds, that delivers!

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Emschick38
by Ali on May. 2, 2012 at 11:44 AM

And I think some of my pics got deleted off my camera. There is a building that has a twisty slide coming out of the 3rd story window. I can only imagine how much fun that wouldnt be with 3 kids. 

Our hot water heater ha to be turned on and off when we need hot water. and our hot water cannot be on when our heat is on, weird right.

I will get more pics tomorrow and try to put them up. If there is anything you guys would like me to try to get I would love the ideas. andit coud be fun trying to find it.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:23 PM

OMG HOW COOL IS ALL THAT?!?!?!
Thank you for sharing. Your kids are so blessed with this neat opportunity! So glad they could hack it. (DS would be a puddle on the floor!! LOL)
WOW. That armoire is nice.. with the flower design you can see in the corner. So nice.

Ok, pics.. I'd like to see what the menu at mcD's looks like... Is it on the wall like here?
The Emart? Is there a belt like at walmart or self check out? LOL...
Id love to see a playground. A bus. a typical "meal" just a pic of dinner in korea. Like, what is typical to eat.
Maybe even a pic of a grocery store/ market.
I think I am interested in seeing the "normal" stuff from here... but there... and what it looks like.
SOOO INCREDIBLY NEAT!!!!!! thank you again for sharing!

Jennifair
by Jen on May. 2, 2012 at 12:47 PM

How cool!!!! Thank you for sharing your experiences . We all get to be in Korea with you ( kinda sorta) lol . I would love to have an armoire like that!! 

lish2127
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:51 PM

The apt is nice! I love how everything is so mini, yet spacious at the same time. So cool to experience another country. A military mom friend of mine is moving the family to Qatar this summer.

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Very nice pics. Your apartment is very cute. I hope you can get used to all the adjustments quicklly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I am with Scarlett and Jen, I want to see pics of everything, we are living abroad through you ;)

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 2, 2012 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I'm with Scarlett,Jen and Steph. Pics of everything. It has to be so different yet neat at the same time.

Emschick38
by Ali on May. 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I will tourist it up and take pics of everything!! DH doesnt need pics so he doesnt get the want to take lots of pics, hes boring. 

Emschick38
by Ali on May. 2, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Quoting SamMom912:

OMG HOW COOL IS ALL THAT?!?!?!
Thank you for sharing. Your kids are so blessed with this neat opportunity! So glad they could hack it. (DS would be a puddle on the floor!! LOL)
WOW. That armoire is nice.. with the flower design you can see in the corner. So nice.

Ok, pics.. I'd like to see what the menu at mcD's looks like... Is it on the wall like here?
The Emart? Is there a belt like at walmart or self check out? LOL...
Id love to see a playground. A bus. a typical "meal" just a pic of dinner in korea. Like, what is typical to eat.
Maybe even a pic of a grocery store/ market.
I think I am interested in seeing the "normal" stuff from here... but there... and what it looks like.
SOOO INCREDIBLY NEAT!!!!!! thank you again for sharing!

The menu at Mcdonalds is, you guessed it, in Korean. I felt weird trying to order yesterday so I just got fries, and yes it is on the wall, but they didnt have a drive-thru!!!

The school bus is like an actual bus like greyhound style, not specifically for school,but they have a monitor who rides from the school to get the kids unbuckled.

As soon as I get to see a korean meal, I will let you see it. I have made every meal we have had here except the 2 times we went to Subway.

Emschick38
by Ali on May. 2, 2012 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jennifair:

How cool!!!! Thank you for sharing your experiences . We all get to be in Korea with you ( kinda sorta) lol . I would love to have an armoire like that!! 

my only complaint with the armoire is that it isnt big enough for all of DHs clothes, so we had to pack some of his clothes to put mine away. After I get it cleaned inside I will show you what it looks like inside of it. It is really efficient 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)