Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Does anyone else get sick the week before they get their period???

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:24 AM
  • 9 Replies

Ever since I had my son in March 2010, I would get HORRIBLE sinus infection/ear infection/fevers the week before I'd get my period. It would start out as a scratchy throat, then stinging throat/back of the nose sinus infection type thing. And then I got pregnant in April 2011, and I knew I was pregnant because I didn't get sick that month before my period!!! Well I had my baby February 2012, and low and behold, I got a horrrrrrrrrible fever/sinus/ear infection right before my first period.

I looked it up a bit online and other women had this problem too after giving birth to their first child!! WHAT IS IT?? Is my immune system low? Do I have to isolate myself and hibernate for a week before my period to avoid contact with anyone in case I'm super easy to getting sick? 

by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 3, 2012 at 4:10 AM

I got really sick with one hell of a nasty sinus infection from hell that I couldn't get rid of after I had my DD but nothing like you. I only got it once and that was more than enough for me.

It could be that your immunity is low.

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:13 AM
bump

taina361
by New Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:13 AM

i get every pregnancy sysmptom right b4 my period not cool cuz we ttc

gemini53176
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:15 AM
wow thats crazy ive never heard of anything like that! i get horrible cramps when i ovulate though and get headaches and sick to my stomach, i think thats weird too.
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 3, 2012 at 4:46 AM

Quoting gemini53176:

wow thats crazy ive never heard of anything like that! i get horrible cramps when i ovulate though and get headaches and sick to my stomach, i think thats weird too.

Not weird. All very normal.

Jennifair
by Jen on May. 3, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Yes. Since I had Alice ( my 4 year old ) b4 I get me period I get terrible cramps and nauseous. It's hell. lol 

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM
I get flu/stomach bug symptoms the week before my period ever since I had my tubes tied last june. Its truly horrible. Terrible cramps, throwing up, chills. Oonly time I ever got sick like you described was the right after becoming pregnant, as in RIGHT after, not evenn taking a test, that early. By the 3rd bby I knew wasn't coincidence
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975
by Liz on May. 3, 2012 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting nymom01: Do I have to isolate myself and hibernate for a week before my period to avoid contact with anyone in case I'm super easy to getting sick? 

I don't get sick the week before my period BUT...I'd totally isolate myself the week before...save myself the aggravation of dealing with anyone when my hormones are surging.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Quoting lizmarie1975:

Kaybe it would be a good experimant too... If you isolate and you dont get sick.... Hummmmm.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)