Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

what's new? I am still a bad mom...

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:49 PM
  • 26 Replies

G has a track meet at one of the city schools. Now, I am not sure where it is and yes I could look it up.

However, I don't want to drive 35+ minutes during evening rush hour with a 4 yr old, 5 yr old and a 9 yr old... to then wait an hour and watch my son run his 1 event..... which takes him less than 3 min. And he's not a "scorer" so it doesn't matter what he does.

He called me from a friends phone and asked me if I was coming.. No I am not sweetheart... but you said you might... and I decided I am not.

He then goes onto tell me that he'll miss Church. Well that depends on how many events are after yours, call my cell when you get back to the school. But I will miss Church...

Now he cares but doesn't care about Church, it is just that tonight is an ice cream social because the 5th graders graduate from the elementary program to the Youth Group.

HE HUNG UP ON ME before I could remind him that he can't make everything

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 9, 2012 at 6:12 PM

He hung up, on purpose?

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 9, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

He hung up, on purpose?

Yes! I didn't call him back because it was a friends phone, but it's going to hit the fan when I pick him up at the school tonight.

powow65
by Kim on May. 9, 2012 at 7:51 PM

wow. (sounds like time to ground him) IMO.

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Wow. I agree. It would certainly hit the fan, something def would be getting hit anyway! I understand he was upset you weren't going and missing the ice.cream social but wow that's fresh. I wouldn't be so worried aboout being a bad mom. Make them watch mommy dearest w you, that's what I did w my 11 yr old. Then say see, I'm not so bad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 9, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

He hung up, on purpose?

Yes! I didn't call him back because it was a friends phone, but it's going to hit the fan when I pick him up at the school tonight.

WOW! I do not blame you one little bit! get em Momma!

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Ok.... No one hangs up on mom UNLESS you are over 21 and paying your own way... then, by all means. LOL.

I can understand he was upset and sometimes is IS easier to hang up then to continue and say something you'll regret... It sounded like maybe he wanted you to come... which makes me sad for him.... but you had good reasons... and it's not like you werent coming cause you were on the couch with ice cream yourself...LOL... But he should have been respectful.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Quoting Cecelia712:

Wow. I agree. It would certainly hit the fan, something def would be getting hit anyway! I understand he was upset you weren't going and missing the ice.cream social but wow that's fresh. I wouldn't be so worried aboout being a bad mom. Make them watch mommy dearest w you, that's what I did w my 11 yr old. Then say see, I'm not so bad!

OMG I loved that movie when I was a kid. weird, right?

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 9, 2012 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok, so he might be a good BS artist.

He got a ride from our high school to Church from a friends mom. He did miss the hot dogs, but the Pastors wife went over and nuked him  one. As the concession stand at the host school wasn't open. He made the ice cream party.

So when we got home, I calmly asked him if he should have hung up on me? "I didn't hang up. You said you weren't coming. and paused so I figured that was it."

He knows I am mad that it even seems like he hung up on me.

Scarlett he is hurt that I didn't watch him run, but he did finally figure out that it wasn't a "nice neighborhood" for me to be walking through with 3 small children once I found parking. If I made it through all the lane closures etc....

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 9, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Quoting Cecelia712:

that's more of a sarcastic thing than what I really think... kwim

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

barmelino
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I was/am really hurt that my mom wouldn't/couldn't make it to many of my softball games when I was in high school. I understand that things come up but it still hurt. I now know that my mom's reasons were legit and I understand them being a mom now but - it didn't make it hurt any less back then when what I was seeing was that she had things more important than "me."   I'm definitely not saying you're a bad mom or excusing his actions but I definitely would be having a conversation with him in regards to when you will be able to make his meets and why you sometimes wont- maybe not waiting until last minute would be a little easier. I hate expecting something and having it fall through last minute- such as expecting my mom to come see me hit a triple and to have her say last minute- sorry I couldn't make it....., ouch kwim

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)