Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

pushy people....

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 18 Replies

Dont cha hate em?!

LOL

There is a g'ma from another group who messaged me to tell me that her grandson was a lot like Sam until they chnaged his diet... and that I should change Sams diet.
I thanked her for the info. Said we recently had Sam tested for celiac, he was fine.
She messaged me and said that the GAPS diet was very different then Gluten free and I should look into it.
I thanked her again, told her I would look into it, but since he has such food texture issues I felt it would be difficult.
She messaged me and told me I was doing my son a disservice by not helping him. That he would do better on this diet, like her grandson.

Ok.. I KNOW she is trying to be helpful... but I so badly wanted to say "Back the F up Grandma! DISSERVICE?  There are MANY people that ARE doing their children a disservice, but after 1 post and 3 emails your telling me I'm DOING MY SON A DISSERVICE?"
I thanked her again... wished her a happy mothers day.... and will not open another message with her name on it.

Is there something about messaging, internet, email that makes people pushy, rude and crappy sometimes? Do you feel you can say stuff you WOULDNT say in person? Are you push-ier on here then in real life?
Just curious. Im just as b*tchy, pushy, opinionated here as in person... but that  is JUST ME. LOL

by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missvickey
by Vickey on May. 10, 2012 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I have opened up more on-line seeing so many people with similar experiences and finding that its OK to have my own opinion (incredibly shy and sheltered childhood). however, I would never use the anonnimity(sp) of the internet as an excuse to be rude or shove my opinion down someones throat. especially since opinions here are based on limited information and history. I might have suggested a special diet to you but would never have told you that you were doing your son a disservice for not trying it. you know your son better than anyone and if you think it might be woth trying then you'll discuss it with those invoved in your sons care. and if you don't try my advise then you have a reason for it and I'm not going to question you or your motives fo it, nor would I be upset about it. Given my new found "openness" I might even try to find a diplomaic way to let her know that while I appreciate her suggestion, I don't feel etc..., before ignoring her. But then again, maybe not. depends how "daring" or pissed I am at that moment. Imagine, having the audacity to say such a thing based on a post and 3 messages!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM

My BFF does a GF/CF diet with her Autistic child. We tried a couple of food on Johnny at her house without him knowing. The "oreo" he picked one up and in 14 yr old fashion popped it whole into his mouth and I swore he was going to vomit right then and there.... chicken fingers and cupcake went about the same. So we started warning him.
So where it worked with her son, it wouldn't work with mine either.

GraceHudson
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:45 AM
bump

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on May. 10, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Im just myself here there and everywhere else.

PuppetDani
by Dani on May. 10, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I would like to think I am not pushy or judgemental but i dont know.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Quoting PuppetDani:

l

This made me laugh... Since i am pretty pushy and pretty judgemental... Bit respectful of other people atthe same time.... Kwim?
BeachMommy07
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

You already politely told her no so I would find *her* to be of disservice. lol.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 10, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes there is. It's easier to be a bitch behind a computer screen!

PuppetDani
by Dani on May. 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I am glad I could? Lol

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting PuppetDani:

l

This made me laugh... Since i am pretty pushy and pretty judgemental... Bit respectful of other people atthe same time.... Kwim?

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 8:14 PM
How I am here is how I am. I live by live and let live. No one way works for everyone or every situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN