Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Mothers day just plain old sucked!

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:03 PM
  • 19 Replies

I don't ask for much, if ever. I wish, I want and I have needs. My needs are as basic as they can possibly be. I continue to wish and want but always put my families needs before mine. Wants are just that, wants. One day, I will get them, or at least I hope to but in reality the wants aren't important and needs are. I understand this.

What I don't understand is how my family can be so utterly thoughtless. Now I know to some this may come off as selfish and I know deep down that I should be very grateful that I have a two healthy kids and a husband because that's all that matters. I know this, I keep telling myself this but I still can't help but to be hurt. I'm really trying not to be, but I am.

Neither one o0f my kids wished me a happy Mothers day until later this evening when Ron told them to.  Nick  bitched and complained about not having his car and wanting to hurry up and get home because we were gone too long. Jessica was just a plain old spoiled brat today with an attitude and a smart mouth.

Ron has asked me whats wrong and I told him but he still keeps asking me. Well DUH how many times do I have to tell him. I will not repeat myself I told him once and IMO that is once more than I should have had to.

I didn't so much as receive a card today from Ron or the kids. Ron claimed he was broke after buying the boat parts. Well, it's not like we get paid once a month or even bi weekly. We both get paid weekly. He knows Mothers day is coming. It comes every year on a Sunday. Is it so hard to set aside 20 minutes and 5 dollars for a simple card and time to go get one?

He's said sorry a few times but that don't even cut it for me.

Granted I haven't worked in the past 20 years but I've always done something for him on his birthday and or any other special occasion. Even if it was just making one of his favorite dinners and his favorite cake and I always got him at the very least a card. Just to show him that he is appreciated and loved. That's all I asked for. Not even a card but for Gods sake show me that you at least care.

I was so excited to actually for the first time in 20 years to be able to buy my Mo with my won money her gift for Mothers day. I was looking forward to fathers day as this year I could buy Ron something with my own money.

See I think like this. I think ahead. I think about them all of the time. I honestly don't think they ever think about me or what I need. Not want but need!

Today I woke up at 8:00. Had my tea, did the dishes, swept the floors, wiped down the counters, cut the lawn picked up the dog poop and all of them lazy asses were still sleeping.

I had to wake them up to go to brunch with my Mom for Mothers day or they wouldn't have even gotten out of bed.

I'm rambling now, sorry! I just needed to vent.

by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on May. 13, 2012 at 8:12 PM
2 moms liked this

You should have left their asses in bed. I'm sorry your kids are bratts and your husband is an ass. Next year send yourself a huge floral arrangement go out to breakfast just you and your mom, and get  what you want. Or hell do it this weekend after you get paid.

nsanti
by New Member on May. 13, 2012 at 8:27 PM
7 moms liked this

I say on father's day you're entitled to take the day off--considering everything you did---stay in bed--eat BonBon's and have some big muscular guy named Sven rub you down with hot oil, at least twice. You've earned it and they owe you ! LOL :)

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Chris, i am so sorry you were disappointed. You definitely dont derserve to be treated that way. I know how much you love & adore and how how much you do and sacrifice for your family. Its really wrong that they couldnt think about you and not themselves today.
I think perhaps you should tell them that you were disappointed in them today and you fully expect them to make you feel special and that your willing to put all your expectations on your next special day the 19th...( your bday, right? ) And if they dont come thru for you on THAT day, then id suggest you tar and feather them. Lol!
Could it be that they have something awesome planned for you in just a few short days away?
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 9:19 PM
I'm sorry your kids and husband didn't give you a nice day. I'm weird about these types of "holidays". I call them Hallmark Holidays as I feel hallmark made them up. Same w valentines day. They are money making holidays for cards and flowers but I feel I should be appreciated and loved every day not because the calendar says so. That said I didn't get a card or anything either but they all did say happy mothers day. We had a bbq here and I had to cook and clean and then do a major cleaning when they left. I just feel like mothers day is a crock anyway. I wind up working harder. That said if my kids or husband didn't at least say happy mothers day id be very hurt. But since we have a big family party next Saturday I will be going for a mani pedi and a waxing next sat morning so that's my mothers day gift to myself. I may even see if I can squeeze in some shopping if I have enough time. My boobs never went down after my daughter so I need new shirts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jillysmom
by Adele on May. 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM

(((hugs))), Sorry you had such a bad day

remaining_me
by Kay on May. 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM

=[ i really wish i could hug you right now. you are so sweet and devoted and it just sucks that you couldn't have your day.

remaining_me
by Kay on May. 13, 2012 at 10:23 PM

lol! amen to that!!

Quoting nsanti:

I say on father's day you're entitled to take the day off--considering everything you did---stay in bed--eat BonBon's and have some big muscular guy named Sven rub you down with hot oil, at least twice. You've earned it and they owe you ! LOL :)

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 14, 2012 at 4:29 AM

Thanks Mommas!

Maybe I'm just being overly sensitive.

Emschick38
by Ali on May. 14, 2012 at 4:57 AM

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Thanks Mommas!

I dont think you are if you normally get (or did in the past) something more than craptastic day from your family.    For me, I am with Cecelia on the Hallmark holiday, I normally do something nice for myself (this year it was a haircut) and expect only a hug and kiss and Happy Mothers Day. But if I didnt get that I would be upset.

Just like If you normally get breakfast in bed a ozen roses and homemade cards, and one year you didnt.   Have you told Ron how you felt after the holiday is over?

Ewa101
by Ewa on May. 14, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Thanks Mommas!

Maybe that's how some guys are.  My husband also seems to be "suprised" when my birthday comes the same day every day, and he can't plan for it ahead of time.  Same thing goes for any other holiday.  Mother's Day I would leave to my kids; they are big enough to plan, but my son again, didn't even mutter Happy Mother's Day in the morning.  He tags along with my girls, who love planning holidays.  Is it a guy's thing, then?  But I know there are some guys out there who love planning special days, think ahead of gifts that the person might actually enjoy, but I guess the guys in my life don't belong to that group.

And money is no excuse.  One can get a card for a dollar, or make a homemade one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN