Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

teething

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:30 PM
  • 18 Replies
Giuliana was up all night screaming and crying. Then giovanni was also up 3 times because of a nasal drip making him cough. Needless to say I got NO sleep. This morning giuliana was still miserable, she won't eat, won't sleep, rubbing her ears and pinching her cheeks. I brought her just to rule out an ear infection. I knew she was cutting 4 teeth on top, 2 on the righgt and 2 on the left. Dr also says she's cutting 2 molars in the back, so that's 6 teeth at once!! Her face is swollen and she has a low grade fever. Only good news is dr said I can give her childrens motrin rather than infants and a5 $10 for 1 oz for infants and $4 for 4oz childrens id rather give childrens!! I feel so bad for her though. She's sooooooo cranky and that's not like her at all. And she barely eats and Big Bertha loves to eat! I'm hoping for a better night for both my babies!
by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lish2127
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I feel ya! My dd got 3 teeth within 2 days last week. I'd rather they come in all at once though. My other dd it took forever for each tooth, sooo drawn out, and they really bothered her. Hope its quick and she feels better soon.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Hope she feels better soon!!!!! Hope you get some much needed sleep.
Sam was up at 11:30 and 2 with a bit of an upset belly... and then my dog had a bloody nose and bled on the carpet in Sam's room-- so I was scrubbing the carpet til 3.
Ugh, will this womens work never end? LOL

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 21, 2012 at 1:31 PM

poor baby.

Honestly whenever it comes to meds, I ask for the dosage for teh childrens med. It means they have to do math. My office gave me a copy of this: http://www.tylenolprofessional.com/assets/TYLENOL_Pediatric_Dosing.pdf

and it hangs in the door of my medician cabinet.
When you start the math, you will find that generic ibuprofen is 200mg for an "adult" pill which is equal to teh dose for a child 6 to 8 yrs old or 48 to 59 pounds). I tend to get teh kids to swallow pills as early as I can, to cut down on buying things that might go bad.
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Thanks for the conversion. Ill print it out when I'm not mobile.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

poor baby.

Honestly whenever it comes to meds, I ask for the dosage for teh childrens med. It means they have to do math. My office gave me a copy of this: http://www.tylenolprofessional.com/assets/TYLENOL_Pediatric_Dosing.pdf

and it hangs in the door of my medician cabinet.
When you start the math, you will find that generic ibuprofen is 200mg for an "adult" pill which is equal to teh dose for a child 6 to 8 yrs old or 48 to 59 pounds). I tend to get teh kids to swallow pills as early as I can, to cut down on buying things that might go bad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 1:48 PM
No. My days are all at least 18 hours long every day. I go to bed at midnight if I'm lucky and I'm up by 6. Even if the babies sleep the nivghgt which they normally do, I never sleep all night because of my OCD and my complusions to check on the babies and locks etc...

Quoting SamMom912:

Sam was up at 11:30 and 2 with a bit of an upset belly... and then my dog had a bloody nose and bled on the carpet in Sam's room-- so I was scrubbing the carpet til 3.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 1:52 PM
I wouldn't want drawn out but 6 at once sucks! Now not only is she in pain but she's over tired and has to be starving at this point as well. I hope yyour DD feels better

Quoting lish2127:

I feel ya! My dd got 3 teeth within 2 days last week. I'd rather they come in all at once though. My other dd it took forever for each tooth, sooo drawn out, and they really bothered her. Hope its quick and she feels better soon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Quoting Cecelia712:

No. My days are all at least 18 hours long every day. I go to bed at midnight if I'm lucky and I'm up by 6. Even if the babies sleep the nivghgt which they normally do, I never sleep all night because of my OCD and my complusions to check on the babies and locks etc...

Quoting SamMom912:

Wow-- 6 hours of sleep is not easy. Are there meds you can take to help you rest more? UGH.. I would be dead w/ only 6 hours... I was horrid when Sam was a baby.. a total hornet... LOL... I need at least 7 to function... 8 to be tolerable... 9 to be nice. LOL...

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2012 at 5:42 PM
I can not remember the lasst time I had 9 hours of sleep. If you take away the amount of time I get up durng a night I get 4-5 hours of sleep a night. I've never been a good sleeper. I can take meds but with the babies I won't take it because id never be able to take care of them if they needed me during the night. I always say I can sleep when I'm dead,lol

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting Cecelia712:

Quoting SamMom912:

Wow-- 6 hours of sleep is not easy. Are there meds you can take to help you rest more? UGH.. I would be dead w/ only 6 hours... I was horrid when Sam was a baby.. a total hornet... LOL... I need at least 7 to function... 8 to be tolerable... 9 to be nice. LOL...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975
by Liz on May. 21, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Aww, poor baby!

My older 3 never gave me any problems while teething. Naseem though...he's not going to go through this as easily.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 21, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Awe Poor babies! I hope they feel better and fast!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)