Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Awe, Come On!

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 7:30 PM
  • 13 Replies
I have tomorrow off for my birthday (we get a free personal day on our birthday). I have an appointment for a mani-pedi (which I saved 2 months of cafemom mod payments to pay for it) and then I plan to just relax with a book. My sister's 8 year old came down with hand foot and mouth and can't go to school the rest of the week. My mom called to see if I can babysit on my day off because my sister is a substitute teacher and has to work and my dad wants to go hunting! Are you feaking kidding me?! I've been looking forward to this and it isn't likely to happen again for probably another year! I can't even take anymore time off if my own kids get sick for fear of loosing my job, but my sister has to sub and can't find anyone else or my dad can't skip hunting?! Even my family treats me like a doormat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 30, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG E I am SOO SAD AND SO MAD. Can your dad come home early from hunting? Can you split your day and not give it up completely?
IF you do this....then BY GOLLY your SIS HAS to take BOTH your boys one day SUPER SOON so you can get your day back... tell her WHEN BEFORE she drops off her little one.
Is is safe for you to watch her? I mean, since your health is usually compromised (I dont mean this meanly...) can you get this? Can you give this to your boys? If there IS that possibilty then it is a good reason to have to pass this time.
UGH! Cant you at least have your birthday!?!?!?!

elwalters77
by Erica on May. 30, 2012 at 8:19 PM
I'm not sure if I can get it, but it is a concern. That and possibly giving it to my kids.

Quoting SamMom912:

OMG E I am SOO SAD AND SO MAD. Can your dad come home early from hunting? Can you split your day and not give it up completely?
IF you do this....then BY GOLLY your SIS HAS to take BOTH your boys one day SUPER SOON so you can get your day back... tell her WHEN BEFORE she drops off her little one.
Is is safe for you to watch her? I mean, since your health is usually compromised (I dont mean this meanly...) can you get this? Can you give this to your boys? If there IS that possibilty then it is a good reason to have to pass this time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katvixenstar
by Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:21 PM
I don't know you, but that is the worst thing i have heard today. I would be mad, and if you have any chance that you can contract the HFM disease, i would tell them flat out no. Dad can go hunting some other time. What is even in season right now? My family is full of hunters and i cant think of anything, unless it's like, turkey or something?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on May. 30, 2012 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Just Say NO.

Jennifair
by Jen on May. 30, 2012 at 9:19 PM

that is a bunch of crap! 

Emschick38
by Ali on May. 30, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Say no. because your kids can get it and will if they havent had it already. It isnt awful, but my 2 littles had it and it wasnt fun. We couldnt go anywhere and Anna has scars  (only two little ones)from the sores.  It ran through our sunday school in March (the dr thought it was a staph infection). 

Its your birthday, Stand up for your time. Dad can go hunting tomorrow or the next day, pretty sure your birthday only happens once a year.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 30, 2012 at 9:29 PM

SAY NO AND MEAN IT!

Emschick38
by Ali on May. 30, 2012 at 9:30 PM

and just fyi I read an article about the after effects can make the kids finger and toe nails fall off. 

see the ring finger? that was the first one to do it. It doesnt hurt but it makes the parents think there might be a deficiency

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Its quite contagious so yes you can get it. My son gave it to me. It sucks and you feel like crap. Your mouth and throat hurt like heck. I don't know how old he is but if he puts fingers in his mouth and touches things then you touch it and then eat or touch your mouth it can spread or if he drinks from your cup at all.

Quoting elwalters77:

I'm not sure if I can get it, but it is a concern. That and possibly giving it to my kids.

Quoting SamMom912:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ewa101
by Ewa on May. 31, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

Just Say NO.

I agree.  I stopped telling my family when my days off were, because everyone would think of a "favor" I could do for them.  I still had to get up early, to get them all out to school, and then, quietly I would enjoy my day off.  How come your dad's hunting trip is more important than your mani-pedi?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN