Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

blue cross blue shield is going to drive me nuts!

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:39 PM
  • 2 Replies

So back in March JP Morgan Chase (do I need to say more) screwed up the BC/BS deposit.
Of the 3 checks I sent in for the insurance premiums for the kids, one never cleared, and one cleared twice. So the second clearing was returned by my bank as a "duplicate" check. Shows on my statement that it went though twice. I called them the day my check cleared incorrectly. They had no idea what I was calling about.
I asked them to please "flag" the account and let me know if something comes up later. That was March 1st.

April 16th I get home from vacation to a letter that my check was returned for insufficent funds, and I need to obtain a money order to correct it. My checks are "no longer good with them." So I call them the morning of the 17th.

I scan and email the page of my bank statement, I print, scan and email a copy of the check from my banks site.

I call as the insurance recert is due, and in order to have the recert go through I need to be paid up. So I send in another check to cover while they continue to investigate.

So here I am Checks in:
Jan covered Feb
Feb covered March
march covered April (March was "sent" back but my account still showed paid)
April covered May (my brother ignored my dated posty notes on when to mail my bills)
a second check sent in April was held until Late recert paperwork for June and cleared in May

The check I mailed in late May, apparently covered June also.....

She is looking at 6 checks and covering 6 months... yet the check for Jan would have been mailed/paid in Decemebr 2011... as you have to be at LEAST one month ahead at all times......

So does anyone else see what I see? Or am I loosing my marbles?

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I see they need a new accountant or person who keeps track of payments.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

I see they need a new accountant or person who keeps track of payments.

I think that is the problem, too many hands in the pie.

The recert goes to an office here in Dewitt. The payments go to Binghamton. My phone calls can go anywhere. The woman I have spoken with her email actually goes to Univera. I never get the same person twice.

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN