Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Favorite baby names

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM
  • 11 Replies
I just had my first baby, but I'm always looking for unique and unusual names. What's your favorite?
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont care for unique names... Im a classic name lover... benjamin, samuel, thomas, joseph, james, noah, for girls: Julia, Alicia, Genievive, Molly, Nora, Claudia....
I have a very old english last name.. and felt like newer names would go well with it.

Bethy16
by Beth on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM
I love Jordan Matthew, Sydney Paige, Peyton Jillian, and in my heart Sara Grace. Of course those are my kids names ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shalaney80
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Those are very nice. I don't like usual names like Mary Sarah Ann etc.. I don't like those weird names that you can't pronounce either, just alittle different. My favorites are Julissa, Gabriella, Nolen, Dmitri. My top 4.
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Quoting Shalaney80:

Those are very nice. I don't like usual names like Mary Sarah Ann etc.. I don't like those weird names that you can't pronounce either, just alittle different. My favorites are Julissa, Gabriella, Nolen, Dmitri. My top 4.

Funny, one of my bfs has 3 kids... Nolan james, gabrielle, and calahan (which was her maiden name... Her family is all girls, so she thought it was a nice way to honor her family name... Which i guess is a little different!
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I love classic names.... I never got to use my girl names... Emily, Abigail, Elizabeth, 

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Abby

&

Morgan Elizabeth!

Shalaney80
by Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Quoting Mom2jngnc:

I love classic names.... I never got to use my girl names... Emily, Abigail, Elizabeth, 

u have boys I'm guessing?
Jennifair
by Jen on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Abby

&

Morgan Elizabeth!

I have a lil cousin Morgan Elizabeth

and Of course Alice Elizabeth. 

On my moms side the 1st born daughters middle name for some reason Elizabeth. I think about it , and I don't know why. I'll have to ask my gram. She was the 1st born and her name is Naoma Gertrude, and my Mom is Desma Naoma. But other than that we are all Elizabeth. 

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Shalaney80:

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

u have boys I'm guessing?

Yup, 4.... and all of them have fairly common classic, easy to spell, and pronounce names.

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jul. 1, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Quoting Jennifair:

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Abby

&

Morgan Elizabeth!

I have a lil cousin Morgan Elizabeth

and Of course Alice Elizabeth. 

On my moms side the 1st born daughters middle name for some reason Elizabeth. I think about it , and I don't know why. I'll have to ask my gram. She was the 1st born and her name is Naoma Gertrude, and my Mom is Desma Naoma. But other than that we are all Elizabeth. 

Elizabeth is heavily used as a middle name in my family....

We have a :

Jennifer Elizabeth

Jillian Elizabeth

and last but not least

Jenna Elizabeth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN