Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

I lost it on hubby today. Cried, screamed, freaked out!
This stupid strike needs to end. Im too tired. I need help.. and he had to leave earlier then usual tonight (after only 6 hours of being home sleeping) to go to a lobster bake they are having to boost morale.
well I told him that they had BEST be sending LOBSTER home to ME boost MY morale... since well he isnt home, no one is taking care of all his stuff BUT ME! I have not eaten a meal with anyone over the age of 5 since Wednesday.... and before that... who knows... I am a blubbering IDIOT... not sleeping well at night... not getting anything done in the house by day cause I have to be quiet! I take Sam out cause he is too noisy in the house.. and Sam hates to GO EVERYWHERE... so, we cant go to the pool, we cant go to the lake... we cant go to the movies... I have had to Xll the lawn guys for the last 2 weeks... as well as the cleaning lady... (Ok, I KNOW I shouldn't bitch about that.. BUT... I am! LOL) and I cant even do it myself as it is TOO NOISY!
Just want to tell the electric company to cut the crap... and get these people BACK to their families!!! 15 days of crazy hours 14 hour shifts, 2 hour commutes. 1 hour of showering and 7 hours of sleeping is NO WAY TO LIVE AND IT IS LONG enough!!! Heads are gonna roll soon!!!

by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Replies (11-13):
Jillysmom
by Adele on Jul. 14, 2012 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok then I take my comment back, Holy Sh*t thats ALOT of people,lol

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting Jillysmom:

holy mooly thats alot

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting Jennifair:

I know all about some of this post! It sucks. Hugs to you. Happy hubby knows how you feel though. The strike will end soon, or they will just re-hire? 

its 8300 people.. I dont think they will just rehire. LOL...
I think there are 8300 union workers.. or maybe 5300 union.. and 8300 total.. but it is a lot. LOL! Can you imagine the ad in the NYTimes? LOL!!! and how many people would apply..LOL...

Im sorry... I was wrong.. 15,000 people total... they serve over 9,124,246 customers with 13 billion in annual revenue and 34 billion in assets. So maybe 8300 is union... ?

ciao_bella
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:17 PM
I don't know the situation but you have every right to be fuming!!!!!

My fav quote is "this too shall pass"

Hopefully sooner than later for you! Xoxo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Sometimes we just need to get it out. Nothing wrong in that and I'm sure your husband knew you were just venting.
Those are really long hours and you have no help so it was bound to wear on you eventually. I hope you feel better after getting it out of your system.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)