Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Update: About that ankle

Posted by   + Show Post

So Monday night I was walking down the ramp out of our shed when I stepped off the side, like I always do, and did something. I don't know if I twisted my ankle first, or stumbled or what. 
Looked down and saw a broken cinder block (why?), and that I had a small cut near my ankle (inside of the left).
Hobble inside, muttering under my breath. The kids are now going to be late for "sand lot" baseball.
Take of my sandle and there is blood all over it by my big toe. WTF? Go into the bathroom, holler to the boys what I need.
Stick my foot under running water, clean the two cuts (with water and peroxide), then cut off the flap of skin by my toe, antibiodic ointment and bandage. Ask CJ to throw some ice into a zippy bag to go with us. Then go to baseball. Where I hobble to a seat, and then ice my toe (I was worried about it bleeding).

Get home and think it really freaking hurts, look down and see my ankle is all swollen.

I elevate it, ice it.... in bed. John gets home comes upstairs and asks me why I am not getting an x-ray somewhere. He brings me 3 motrin.
Tuesday after I watch a friends son, I go up to Immediate Care. John is the ambulance for it's location, so his thought was it would be HIM if I needed to go elsewhere taking me (and CJ, as he went with me).
They x-ray it's not broken. R.I.C.E (Rest, Ice, compress, elevate) and watch it. Tuesday night it looked like this:

so the shadows in my bedroom are REALLY bad.....
Yesterday (Thursday) I could walk alittle better, so I went on a car accident fire call, and then went to training last night. (I never asked the Immediate Care Dr to pull me from "work").

Last night this is how good I looked:

and it looks even better today. My socks left nice little lines in my foot, as John suggested I wrap my ace over my sock as I was concerned about my socks gettign stretched out. 

So I saw someone with Upstate Ortho this morning. I didn't break it, from the x-ray's I didn't chip it. 

I did however, bruise the hell out of the bone itself. He sayss 6 to 8 weeks to heal, maybe less if I stay off it. He was at least smart enough to laugh at little at that. 600 to 800 mg of motrin up to 3 times a day for 3 to 5 days. I see him again in 4 weeks. 

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Replies (11-13):
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:03 PM

added the update in the paragrahs below the 3rd photo.

Jennifair
by Jen on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Happy to hear it's not broken! 

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jul. 24, 2012 at 4:43 PM

OUCH! I hope it heals before the 6 to 8 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN