Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Need ideas from New York and.....

Posted by   + Show Post

I am drawing a totally draw. I am doing a swap with a much of ladies I know and we are swapping stuff from our home state and I am blank. The only things I can think of are bagels,nathans hot dogs & apples, none of which will travel thru the mail well. 

I got a magnet with Long Island on it & playing cards with New York but need something more and that refects our state.

HELP!!!!

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Replies (21-29):
Jillysmom
by Adele on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

I would send somebody a gift from the museum of glass,a bottle of wine, something from one of the gorges. A Mark Twain book.

no where near me but I have the aquarium here so might stop there

elwalters77
by Erica on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Honey
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

WOW! Everything I would send would be much different. I'd send Shalens Hotdogs, Webbers Mustard, something from Niagara falls etc.

this reminds me: 

In Billy Joel song "pressure" he talks about how "All your life is channel 13, sesame street, what does it mean".
In college friends and I were listening. They grew up in Saratoga.. and channel 13 is all news there... they always thought the song meant ; that the person watched too much tv.. "the news, sesame street... " down here by NYC and LI, channel 13 was the kids channel.. the song means that the person was just sheltered...

All depends on what  YOUR experience is.. YOUR perspective...
Chris, I'd LOVE to try a Shalen Hot Dog with Webbers Mustard! LOL!!!

Webbers is the only mustard used in our house. It's a yellow horsradish mustard. It's yummy. I eat it with pretzels and such. Sahlens are the only hot dog we will eat too.

Oh and you should put this on  HOT DOG! It's DA BOMB!

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Sahlens and Webers are local companies who've been in business for years. They are the best going around here. That's all we eat and or use.

Quoting Bethy16:

Again the difference from "upstate" and Adele and I lol what is shalens hot dogs and webbers mustard? Where we come from its Nathans hot dogs and Golds mustard lol

A copy of newsday, a yankees baseball, a biayle (cant get those anywhere but NY I have found out) a really good garlic pickle (I know kind of hard to mail lol) a pic of the city skyline. A pic of adventureland (50th anniversary this year)

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

WOW! Everything I would send would be much different. I'd send Shalens Hotdogs, Webbers Mustard, something from Niagara falls etc.

Jennifair
by Jen on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I want a hot dog now lol 

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Webbers is the only mustard used in our house. It's a yellow horsradish mustard. It's yummy. I eat it with pretzels and such. Sahlens are the only hot dog we will eat too.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I just want food period! I was shopping after work today. I smelled chicken and my mouth was watering. Saw steaks, potatoes, zuchinni, tomatos. WAHHHH I'm freaking starving! I could have happily sat down in an aisle and ate anything and everything I seen! Instead I bought pudding, jello, yogurt, soup, eggs and cottage cheese! All to be served at room temp. stick out tongue mini

Quoting Jennifair:

I want a hot dog now lol 

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Jennifair
by Jen on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM

AWWW hun! I feel your pain. Last year for my b-day i was supposed to have Doug's Fish fry ( awesome place in Skaneateles NY) my all time fav. And the Dentist appt I told you about ( the one that made me cry ) was that day and they pulled my tooth. So I called all my family that was coming over that night for dinner crying and said not to bother cause I couldn't have dinner or cake and ice cream, lol Alice was devastated. 

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

I just want food period! I was shopping after work today. I smelled chicken and my mouth was watering. Saw steaks, potatoes, zuchinni, tomatos. WAHHHH I'm freaking starving! I could have happily sat down in an aisle and ate anything and everything I seen! Instead I bought pudding, jello, yogurt, soup, eggs and cottage cheese! All to be served at room temp. stick out tongue mini

Quoting Jennifair:

I want a hot dog now lol 

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I know that had to suck!

Quoting Jennifair:

AWWW hun! I feel your pain. Last year for my b-day i was supposed to have Doug's Fish fry ( awesome place in Skaneateles NY) my all time fav. And the Dentist appt I told you about ( the one that made me cry ) was that day and they pulled my tooth. So I called all my family that was coming over that night for dinner crying and said not to bother cause I couldn't have dinner or cake and ice cream, lol Alice was devastated. 

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting Jennifair:

I want a hot dog now lol 

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:29 PM
I think they have a factory in China. They also have a few here in Corning as well as some other places.

Quoting suetoo:

Sad tho, about Corning Glass museum. Daughter had fun making a flower with SO, but brought me home a little slug that was made in China! :-(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN