Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Work?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:50 AM
  • 26 Replies
Am thinking i want to get a job... Lol.. Not sure what the heck I want to do. All i know is i am pretty unchallenged (ok, when i thk about sam... He is pretty challenging) but i want Smething to do when he is at school from 8:30 -3:30. I want to be able to hit the gym... And i need to be here when he gets off the bus...
So im looking for something to do from 10:00am- 2:30. M-F no nights.
Any ideas?
Am i asking the impossible? Lol

I have a masters in graphic design and undregrad in english lit. (both pretty useless) ha!

I honestly dont think i could do much with graphics at this point. My background is Architectural renderings... And most of that is very deadline oreinted with last minute scrambles to meet deadlines due to building changes... So it is like perfect cor 80% of project but then annoying as all hell for last 20%. ( when the clock is ticking!)

Suggestions? Ideas welcome. What kind of job works 10-2? lol
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lish2127
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:56 AM

lunch ladies...LOL. Or food service of some kind for the lunch hour. I know that's probably not what you have in mind!!! Just the hours you know. I am looking too. I need nights though and I'm not working at a gas station!

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Quoting lish2127:

lunch ladies...LOL. Or food service of some kind for the lunch hour. I know that's probably not what you have in mind!!! Just the hours you know. I am looking too. I need nights though and I'm not working at a gas station!

Grocery store? Stocking shelves at night?
lish2127
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM

night jobs at grocery stores are hard to come by, even toysrus its hard to get a night job and I don't want to work at walmart. My DH's schedule is so all over the place it's hard for me to get a job around that and it makes no sense to pay a sitter...so it's tough.

Jennifair
by Jen on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

is your gym hiring? Front desk or something like that?

Jillysmom
by Adele on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Sorry, i have no idea

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jennifair:

is your gym hiring? Front desk or something like that?

thanks Jen... I checked out my Gyms website and they are looking for someone in their marketing department. It is full time--(blech!)  but I shot out an email asking if I could get some imore nfo about the position, a breif summary of my background and how much I love my gym!!! hope to hear back from them after the weekend. Maybe they dont need someone full time... maybe only 30 hours (which I could make work!) or maybe even get a sitter for Sam 2 afternoons... and be home with him the other 3 afternoons... something... Im a pretty GO and GET IT DONE kinda girl... so maybe this will work. It has to workfor all involved.. then again maybe not! (dont want to get my hopes up!)  LOL..

elwalters77
by Erica on Aug. 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM
That was my thought too. Not challenging though.

How about freelancing with graphic design? I'd totally use your services and pass your info along! :)

Quoting lish2127:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Aug. 10, 2012 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Only places I can think of that offer school bus hours are grocery stores and that is far from challeging and IMO, you're way above that.

powow65
by Kim on Aug. 10, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Idk if this website has any info but check on www.ehow.com
& gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by Kim on Aug. 10, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Lish you want a job?!
How about as a HHA, it can be part time & when ever you want it.

Quoting lish2127:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN