Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

I haven't even had my coffee yet.....

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 8:07 AM
  • 15 Replies

caller Id, Mom: "do you have room in your car for me?" crying!

me "room to go where?"

her "Philip's graduation."

me "didn't know I was going!" She hangs up, no we know where Garrett gets it. 

I call my brother, "Why is mom calling me crying before my coffee has finished brewing?"

"turns out she wants to come to my graduation, even though she probably doesn't have enough oxygen for it." 

"well, you never invited me, and she thinks you did."

"I told you."

"Yes you did, but I don't have a time or a location. So I figured we would go see John at work, see if Alex will tolerate being backboarded and collared before training on THursday."

So I call my mother back, and like a freaking teenager, I get the answering machine, my message is not kind. 

"Of course, the machine. Apparently I was invited to the graduation, but never given a time/location. Apparently I am picking you up at 10, and not doing any of the stuff I had planned."

One portable oxygen cylinder will last 2 hours. I don't know if she will be able to sit though graduation. Which was why Philip wasn't going to have her come. As the amount of oxygen in her bottles is a major player in why she won't go to the damn store for herself. 

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 9:09 AM
I'm sorry your plans got ruined. That stinks. You're a nicer person than I am because I wouldn't have changed my plans. If someone expects me somewhere I better have full details prior to the day of the event. I don't break established plans for last minute assumed plans.
Hmm, could this be why I'm often thought to be a witch??? Oh well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by Kim on Aug. 25, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Whoa! Why is your mom on the oxygen tank?! Something wrong?!
Sorry you didn't get your first cup of coffee
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Aug. 25, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Oh boy...can't wait to hear how the graduation played out!

Jennifair
by Jen on Aug. 25, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I can understand her wanting to go. BUT she should know it's probably not the best idea in doing so. Good luck 

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Aug. 26, 2012 at 4:13 AM

I'm sorry your plans were ruined. (((hugs)))

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Aug. 26, 2012 at 8:37 AM

So my plans were not totally ruined for the day. 
We still got to the ambulance corp to see if Alex would tolerate being a patient; and we still made it to the State Park to meet Niki (and unload my little people sets and tonka trucks).

So, got my Mom and she was ready to go. Out of 6 standard you see them around the stores O2 cylinders she only had 1 that had O2 she hasn't called for them to be replaced because she doesn't know how much she needs to pay for them (she has medicare).
*sigh* so we have 1 full tank which gets about 2 hrs.

The graduation was a CLUSTER.... we start off in this room, then they call the graduates... ok, everyone gets up and follows! We go in, and there is no room to sit. Chairs are dragged in, etc... my senses are going gonzo as we are over the number of pepple that room should have in it AND the exits are pretty much blocked!

Some chit chat from the teachers, graduation finally starts at 10:40, 10 minutes late! It was done by 10:45. Now I picked my Mom up around 9:45 as I had to make stops on the way..... I get her home by 11:15 (we left immed). She is almost out of oxygen!

So she's now stuck home until she calls the company to deliver more.

Oh, and the ex brought my niece.... but her DH sat in the car with the baby and 2 yr old the whole time. 

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Aug. 26, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Quoting IreneMarshall:

bump

What was the point of this?

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Aug. 26, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting IreneMarshall:

bump

What was the point of this?

I wondered the same. 

Jillysmom
by Adele on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Quoting IreneMarshall:

bump

????

Jillysmom
by Adele on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I hate when plans get screwed up like that. Glad you were able to work it out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN