Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just joined - saying hello

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:19 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hi,

I just joined this group.  I want to say hello.  I'm Shaun.  I grew up in upstate NY and went to college upstate NY.  I moved to NYC to get a job and got stuck working there for 25 years.  AHHHHH.  Now I have little kiddies and I stopped the crazy working in Manhattan thing.  I got a nice little work at home job that I can do on my own time.  YAY!!!  Works so much better now.  My cute little boys are going back to school in a week or so.  Boo....  I love hanging out and playing with them.  I love my second childhood.

Take care,

Shaun

by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jillysmom
by Adele on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Hi Shaun, Welcome to the group. I'm Adele. mom of a dd who just turned 13 today.

elwalters77
by Erica on Aug. 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM
That's awesome! Welcome to the group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Welcome. Where in nyc are you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Aug. 26, 2012 at 9:39 PM

welcome, what part of upstate?

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Aug. 27, 2012 at 4:39 AM

Hi Shaun and welcome. I'm Christine and live in WNY. I'm married and have 2 children ages 20 and 14.

Shaun888
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Hi,

I'm in northern Westchester.  I grew up in Upstate, NY - Cobleskill.  I'm trying to figure out what to do with the kids on the last week before school starts.  I think I'm more upset about them going back to school than they are.  Where are you?

Shaun888
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Hi Adele,

Wow, 13 - that is a big milestone - a full teenager!  I hope the birthday went well.  I can't believe that my oldest is going to turn 10 in the spring.  He was such a cute little baby not long ago and now he is almost as tall as me.  Yikes!

Shaun888
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Hi Cecellia,

I live in Westchester.  I use to work in NYC (financial mangement firms), but now-a-days I am doing an at home business these days.  It is SO much better than commuting and working every day!!!  And the money is just as good.

Are you in Manhattan?  Every year I tell myself that I'll bring the kids into see the statue of liberty (because they want to see it), but I never do.  We get into the city for museums and visits, but we still haven't done Ellis Island.

So, what do you do?

Shaun888
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Hi Christine,

Where do you live?  You have a 20 year old.  That must be a lot of stress....old enough to go out on their own, but too young to realize all the crazieness out there.  I remember when I was 20.  I thought I was so cool and knew everything.  I thought I was bullet-proof.  It was fun.  But, I didn't know everything.  I do know everything now!  Actually, I still feel like I'm in my 20s.  That is a big burdon on my husband.

Nice to meet you.

Jennifair
by Jen on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Hello! Welcome to the group. I'm Jen from central ny ( syracuse area) I have a four year old and I'm a stay at home mom. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)