Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Confession Tuesday

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:31 AM
Liz
  • 19 Replies

Anything you want to share?

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
powow65
by Kim on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:54 AM
I confess, if DD gets blood work done today I am pushing SO in there & walking the f' out of the building! Litterly!!!
I CAN NOT watch my babes gets pricked by any more needles!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Quoting powow65:

I confess, if DD gets blood work done today I am pushing SO in there & walking the f' out of the building! Litterly!!!

What do you mean if?

Our office does CBC (counts) every two years, finger stick, that way they have a base to tell if something is off for the "funky illnesses."

Depending on where she is with her vaccines she may need a couple, and/or he flu shot if you do that.

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

powow65
by Kim on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM
(gasp!) only a finger prick???!!!!
Ok, Steph remember how I was 'bitching & complaining' about the school 'thinking' DD was 'having seizures' last year & met & almost k ew all the F'in ER DR's at the 'up-state hospital' last year?!
Well DD had seen over 4 yes FOUR neurologist DR's & now this 'one neurologist DR' (I am F'in hating, excuse my language) b/c that MFer made my DD go through 25MINuTES of HELL pricking & re-pricking to draw blood of 2f'in stupid F'in dumb ass nurse's (me & 2nurse's to hold down my DD while they play 'find the vein' think of stabbing & re-stabbing a piece of beef over 10plus times with a needle & the beef WOULDN'T STOP MOVING!!!)
So yes, this F'in 'neurologist DR' put my DD through HELL for a stupid 'blood work'.

So yes (IF) today they draw blood (b/c idk if they do it the 1st day of a visit, I will gladly NOT be in the building!
No more horror show's for me!

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting powow65:

What do you mean if?

Our office does CBC (counts) every two years, finger stick, that way they have a base to tell if something is off for the "funky illnesses."

Depending on where she is with her vaccines she may need a couple, and/or he flu shot if you do that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by Kim on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Getting shot's is a breeze, it's the 'blood work' Lindsey hates!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:35 AM
I have zero patience left for the babies. They are driving me absolutely bat poop crazy!
G chants and bounces around when he wants something even if I'm getting it for him.
Baby g is still sick and teething and an emotional disaster.
My husband is useless w the kids
I am just GGGGRRRRRRRR !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidenmomplus4
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this

I so  forgot to pick up milk last night so made this morning oatmeal with water instead of milk and told hubby and kids that it was milk 

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:14 AM

That me rephrase this. I didn't know what kind of testing she needed done. 

I know the ROUTINE blood draw we do is just a finger poke, but they only need DROPS of blood. 

Ask if you can go to lab with her. CJ needed blood drawn, for all the growth testing. She mailed me a prescription for it to be done, I took CJ over here to the lab in town, and it went fine. 

Another thing, you can't cast your fears or worried onto DD. Children are like dogs, they pick up on your fear. Only rather than biting, they freak out. 

Tell her firmly, that if she sits still (or even lays still) they can get this done and over in 1 poke. Odds are they have to go for the main vein in her elbow. 

Quoting powow65:

(gasp!) only a finger prick???!!!!
Ok, Steph remember how I was 'bitching & complaining' about the school 'thinking' DD was 'having seizures' last year & met & almost k ew all the F'in ER DR's at the 'up-state hospital' last year?!
Well DD had seen over 4 yes FOUR neurologist DR's & now this 'one neurologist DR' (I am F'in hating, excuse my language) b/c that MFer made my DD go through 25MINuTES of HELL pricking & re-pricking to draw blood of 2f'in stupid F'in dumb ass nurse's (me & 2nurse's to hold down my DD while they play 'find the vein' think of stabbing & re-stabbing a piece of beef over 10plus times with a needle & the beef WOULDN'T STOP MOVING!!!)
So yes, this F'in 'neurologist DR' put my DD through HELL for a stupid 'blood work'.

So yes (IF) today they draw blood (b/c idk if they do it the 1st day of a visit, I will gladly NOT be in the building!
No more horror show's for me!

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting powow65:

What do you mean if?

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Quoting aidenmomplus4:

I so  forgot to pick up milk last night so made this morning oatmeal with water instead of milk and told hubby and kids that it was milk 

LOL.

Jillysmom
by Adele on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I do not like having Jillian home during the day. She is making so much noise while I'm trying to the relax
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I laughed at a girl in psych class. Couldn't help it. We were discussing what first time parents should know before having kids. She said how to discipline their kids because most parents don't know how to. her sisters kids have different rules set at everybody's house. like grandma's, her aunts house daycare. I'm not sure why she thinks different rules equal to no discipline. I laughed even more when she said she does not have kids or step kids. Kids should have less of an attachment /bond with their parents as they get older.so when you're older you won't need your parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN