Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

How much would it take for you to lick an NYC subway railing?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:28 PM
  • 12 Replies

Teen Licks NYC Subway Railing for $1 -- & You Thought Oral Fixation Ended at Toddler (VIDEO)

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on October 3, 2012 

teen licking subway railingWhen I was pregnant and riding the subway to work every day, I used to see kids licking the railings and seats and god knows what else all the time. True story. It was disgusting. I would think to my childless self, "How do these parents let their kids do this? I mean, this is a subway. In New York City!" Then I had a baby and started hanging out with other people with kids, and I realized, "Ohhhh ... Kids put everything in their mouths. And parents don't have 38 sets of eyes. Gotcha." (Still, though. Gross.)

But you'd think the subway licking would be done at around, oh, I don't know, age 5 or so? I don't have a teenager yet, but I'm hoping that once I do, I can confidently send her off onto a subway without worrying that she's going to, you know, put her tongue on anything. Even if it does result in a crispy one-dollar bill.

After seeing this video of just that, though -- a teen licking a really long subway railing -- I feel like I don't know anything anymore.

Ah, teens. There really is nobody in the world quite like you. I'm torn between being completely and utterly grossed out by this act, and envious of the confidence this kid has in his immune system.

New York City Subway Railings: Finger-lickin' good, apparently. To both babies and teenagers.

How much would it take for you to lick an NYC subway railing?

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lish2127
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

for some reason it really doesn't bother me... gross yes, but oh well

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Whoa!  I had the same reaction on the inside, but was embarassed to say :-)

Eh, the world is germy.  I wouldn't do it for a buck, but realistically I probably touch way more disgusting things than that evey day and then probably put my fingers in my mouth while eating or something.  Sure, I try to wash my  hands a lot.  But let's be honest.  We all get disgusting germs on us and in us all the time. 

Quoting lish2127:

for some reason it really doesn't bother me... gross yes, but oh well

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:24 PM

First thought: What kind of question is this?

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:46 PM

A lot more than $1...but this is coming from the same woman who has her 1 year old shove his drooly hands in her mouth when he's trying to forcefeed her whatever he might be eating.

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Yuck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by Kim on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Maybe $1million. :)

Quoting lizmarie1975:

A lot more than $1...but this is coming from the same woman who has her 1 year old shove his drooly hands in her mouth when he's trying to forcefeed her whatever he might be eating.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM

A dollar? Hell, I would have pushed for far more!

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Yeah id need more than a $1.
I agree the world is germy and yeah I probably get plenty of germs in my mouth throughout the day without realizing it, but I don't actually go licking things for those germs. Well, uh hummm, maybe sometimes......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Those subway railings are gross.  Some people will even wear gloves all year round to avoid touching the poles and the railings, which I find a little extreme.  This kid though is an idiot and should've demanded more than a $1 for doing it.

suziejax
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM

o my gosh thats GROSS!!!!!! throwing up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN