Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

again it amazes me that I didn't have an eating disorder when i was young

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

my mother is calling 180#'s and a womans 14 (or is it a 16 she's in) fat. 

Actually I don't know the numbers, but I do know that with her back, and breathing she has put on weight, but I still wouldn't use the word FAT to describe her in any way shape or form. 

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Sounds like my mother
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:04 PM

at the height of her fame Marilyn Monroe was a size 14.

If you told me that your mom ws 5' tall... I would agree 14 is big for small frame like that!!! ... If she ANY was taller..I'd say she's crazy! But., weve established you're mom's a little nuts-o, right? LOL

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Quoting SamMom912:

at the height of her fame Marilyn Monroe was a size 14.

If you told me that your mom ws 5' tall... I would agree 14 is big for small frame like that!!! ... If she ANY was taller..I'd say she's crazy! But., weve established you're mom's a little nuts-o, right? LOL

She is 5'7 or 5'8 somehwere in there..... 

I really think if it wasn't for my Aunt, who was big after my cousin, that I would have been an issue.

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:34 PM
I'm a little lost, who's 180 and in a size 14?
No matter who it is its not nice to tell someone their fat, and really at that height I don't think 180 would be fat anyway.
I can honestly say, my mom never once said anything mean about me like that. I can't even imagine a mom saying that to their daughter, or son.
I talk to nicholas about healthy food choices but I don't call him fat. Of course he isn't fat but he LOVES junk food so I remind him about health issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Quoting Cecelia712:

No matter who it is its not nice to tell someone their fat, and really at that height I don't think 180 would be fat anyway.
I can honestly say, my mom never once said anything mean about me like that. I can't even imagine a mom saying that to their daughter, or son.
I talk to nicholas about healthy food choices but I don't call him fat. Of course he isn't fat but he LOVES junk food so I remind him about health issues.

My mother is saying that about herself. 

I don't know the exact numbers, and yes with her back and respiratory problems she does weigh more than she did a year ago..... but I wouldn't use teh word fat.

New York Moms

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Is she the type who would call herself fat because then she wants you to say she isn't fat to make her feel better?

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting Cecelia712:

I don't know the exact numbers, and yes with her back and respiratory problems she does weigh more than she did a year ago..... but I wouldn't use teh word fat.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:30 PM

no she genuinely feels that she is fat.......

she said to me one that my 2 hs gf's and i have all let ourselves go since getting married. if we aren't careful our DH's will leave us. 

Told her that if our DH's are that shallow we don't need them..... 

Quoting Cecelia712:

Is she the type who would call herself fat because then she wants you to say she isn't fat to make her feel better?

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting Cecelia712:

New York Moms

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Wow! That's a really harsh statement!
While I don't feel I've "let myself go" I don't do it so my husband won't. Leave me. I do it because that's just how I am. I had absolutely no plans today yet I wore a skirt, nice shirt, and knee high, high heeled boots. I style my hair and wear make up every day. But that's just me. And I do that for me. Not so my husband doesn't leave me.
If a person is going to cheat, they're going to cheat regardless. Even hot supermodels get cheated on. Id certainly hope their is more to my marriage than looks or weight. Although I do feel they are iportant to an extent, but so is friendship, companionship, things of that nature.
I'm sorry your mom said such a mean thing.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

no she genuinely feels that she is fat.......

she said to me one that my 2 hs gf's and i have all let ourselves go since getting married. if we aren't careful our DH's will leave us. 

Told her that if our DH's are that shallow we don't need them..... 

Quoting Cecelia712:

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting Cecelia712:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)