Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

10/5 Today is...

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:20 AM
Liz
  • 7 Replies

Do Something Nice Day

When : Always October 5th

Today is Do Something Nice Day. Go ahead, do something nice, anything nice. And, do it to, or for, another individual. It won't hurt......we promise.

Doing something nice for someone almost always evokes a very pleasant response. At the very least, it results in a smile. More likely, that person will do something nice to, or for you. And, best of all, doing something nice just might be contagious.

In keeping with the spirit of this day, set a goal to do something nice for someone. Perhaps, you can do this for several people. Then, sit back and watch the results!

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Today is also my 16th wedding anniversary.
So I guess I could be nice to my husband.

I do try to be nice to others everyday, somedays I'm just not successful, but since today is actually Do Something Nice Day ill try even harder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Damn... I will make every effort from this moment on! Lol

I try to be nice everyday. I try..unlss they do soemthgin to piss me off!
Lol
Jillysmom
by Adele on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I try hard to do this daily

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Quoting Cecelia712:

Today is also my 16th wedding anniversary.
So I guess I could be nice to my husband.

I do try to be nice to others everyday, somedays I'm just not successful, but since today is actually Do Something Nice Day ill try even harder.

It's been so hectic here, I missed wishing you a happy anniversary at the beginning of the day! I hope you had a good day.

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Thanks. It was an ok day. As of now we are still going out tomorrow night so I'm looking forward t that. Its our favorite mexican place, awesome sangrias. And I like the singer who starts at 10.
How was your night last night? Did he ever remember?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Cecelia712:

Thanks. It was an ok day. As of now we are still going out tomorrow night so I'm looking forward t that. Its our favorite mexican place, awesome sangrias. And I like the singer who starts at 10.

He remembered and was appropriately apologetic. We're taking a helicopter ride over parts of Westchester on 10/13 so he's taking me out to dinner afterwards. Plus, I'm making him purchse the all weather mats that I want for my car...they're not cheap.

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:12 PM
that's good. At least he remembered.
You're brave w the helicopter ride. I have a friend who's an aviation cop and always offers me to go up and I just can't do it. Id love to but I'm too scared. I do fly but I don't really like it. Plus I think the noise level would drive me insane.
I hope you have a nice dinner afterwards. And good for you on getting the mats! My husband is so anal when we buy any new car he buys them before we even pick up the car and brings them w us when we go to pick it up.

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting Cecelia712:

He remembered and was appropriately apologetic. We're taking a helicopter ride over parts of Westchester on 10/13 so he's taking me out to dinner afterwards. Plus, I'm making him purchse the all weather mats that I want for my car...they're not cheap.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)