Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

They've cancelled halloween

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:24 PM
  • 52 Replies

So due to the impending storm our school and town has cancelled halloween.
No child should come in costume, there will be no parade... all is cancelled.
Basically, it was stated that IF you let your kids out, you DONT care about their well being or safety.
So, keep them safe in your house...

ridiculous...

So, No BEGGING FOR CANDY HERE IN WESTCHESTER!

by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennifair
by Jen on Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I don't see why they would cancel at school. You're inside safe from the elements. Cancel the trick or treating, but keep the party and have them parade around the school. 

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Quoting Jennifair:

I don't see why they would cancel at school. You're inside safe from the elements. Cancel the trick or treating, but keep the party and have them parade around the school. 

the parade at school is outside.

Jennifair
by Jen on Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

When i was in grade school ....... ohhhh so long ago. We would have the parade outside if weather permitted. If not we'd have the parade inside. So we still had our fun. poor kids. I really want to see Sam's costume. 

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting Jennifair:

the parade at school is outside.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:59 PM

That's silly to cancel it so soon in my opinion. They don't even know the course of the storm. Our school parade is outside in nice weather, and through the school and gym in bad weather.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Quoting lish2127:

That's silly to cancel it so soon in my opinion. They don't even know the course of the storm. Our school parade is outside in nice weather, and through the school and gym in bad weather.

I agree this is premature. Sam is so disappointed that he wont get to wear his costume. I'll be doubly disappointed when Wednesday is bright and sunny at 10 when the parade would have been...

Bethy16
by Beth on Oct. 26, 2012 at 7:37 PM
I just told my son that they may do that down here. He was cool about it but I know he really wants to go :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Oct. 26, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I think it is a bit premature also. 

John told me to buy candy we like in case it does get that bad.... but I don't see them doing any cancelations here. 

Our school parade is indoors. They parade through the school. 

WildCat73
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I have heard with the cold front and the rain combining it is susposed be really bad. I think i would do stuff at home for them but if they go to school i think they should allow them that luxury :(

keljo05
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM
I'm expecting them to cancel school over this..but they aren't doing much of anything at school anyway.

I'm so glad I decided to take jp camping this weekend since its a Halloween theme..and they get to trick or treat tomorrow night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by Erica on Oct. 26, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Suck! I'd go to the next town over!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)