Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

New York Mommas...Please check in and let us know you're all okay after Sandy!

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:12 PM
  • 49 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm more than fine here as we only got about 4 inches of rain over a few days in the Buffalo area.

I hope all of you are warm, safe and out of harms way!

by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Emschick38
by Ali on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:02 PM
2 moms liked this

well, I did a lot of praying for everyone. and spent lots less time on the computer since CM was down nd mom had no power for 3 days. My family all made out ok. we had beautiful fall weather here.

katvixenstar
by Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:12 PM
My family is all okay, we are in st. Lawrence county here. Just got some rain and wind. I hope other mommas downstate are okay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by Kim on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:17 PM
We're fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM
We just got power back late this afternoon. We've been out since Tuesday. Our house was 42degrees! The kids and I spent the last 2 night at the inlaws as it was just too cold here for them.
Other than the hundreds of dollars I've had to throw out in food, and a tank full of dead fish, we had no other damage.
I hope everyone else is ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM

We did just fine here. I think the storm headed directly your way towards Buffalo intead of turning and heading North as expected, so we were spared here in CNY.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Nothing happened near Syracuse worth noting. A friend lost an old apple tree in her back yard, and a piece of my downspout came off... not sure that was related to the storm. 

Beauty91805
by Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this
My area in Brooklyn NY wasn't hit bad but my job in Coney Island was destroyed :( But all my family is safe thank God and I'm still pregnant (37 weeks) :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Quoting Cecelia712:

We just got power back late this afternoon. We've been out since Tuesday. Our house was 42degrees! The kids and I spent the last 2 night at the inlaws as it was just too cold here for them.
Other than the hundreds of dollars I've had to throw out in food, and a tank full of dead fish, we had no other damage.
I hope everyone else is ok!

I'm glad you have your power back and are able to heat your home now!

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Quoting Beauty91805:

My area in Brooklyn NY wasn't hit bad but my job in Coney Island was destroyed :( But all my family is safe thank God and I'm still pregnant (37 weeks) :)

Oh ouch on your job. Have any idea what they are going to do?

Beauty91805
by Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM
They are dealing with the insurance company right now.

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting Beauty91805:

Oh ouch on your job. Have any idea what they are going to do?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)