Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Mommas...Please check in and let us know you're all okay after Sandy!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm more than fine here as we only got about 4 inches of rain over a few days in the Buffalo area.

I hope all of you are warm, safe and out of harms way!

by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I hope they are able to rebuild and you still have a job. In this economy no one can afford to not have a job! Good luck and update us when you can!

Quoting Beauty91805:

They are dealing with the insurance company right now.

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting Beauty91805:

My area in Brooklyn NY wasn't hit bad but my job in Coney Island was destroyed :( But all my family is safe thank God and I'm still pregnant (37 weeks) :)

Oh ouch on your job. Have any idea what they are going to do?

Beauty91805
by Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Yea I agree. And I was in the middle of filing for temp disability for my maternity leave and there was some disruption with that and I have to get it all figured out tomorrow :/

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

I hope they are able to rebuild and you still have a job. In this economy no one can afford to not have a job! Good luck and update us when you can!

Quoting Beauty91805:

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting Beauty91805:

My area in Brooklyn NY wasn't hit bad but my job in Coney Island was destroyed :( But all my family is safe thank God and I'm still pregnant (37 weeks) :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Hopefully there wont be a long delay with payment.

Quoting Beauty91805:

Yea I agree. And I was in the middle of filing for temp disability for my maternity leave and there was some disruption with that and I have to get it all figured out tomorrow :/

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting Beauty91805:

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting Beauty91805:

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm happy to hear all these positive responses here.  In Syracuse, we got next to nothing related to the storm.  Some rain, one random strong gust of wind.  Nothing noteworthy here in DeWitt at all.  I think one deck chair moved a few inches to the left  hahaha!  Not trying to make light of it...I really was thinking of many of you that are further downstate.  I know I don't really know you that well, but I honestly thought about you all quite a bit and hope that everyone is safe and sound.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Still suffering. Day 6 no power. Restoration date is we'd 11/7. Tons of trees down. Hubby working non stop. Sam is disaster from no structure and was crying today about how he needs the power back.
Hoping we have enough gas (shortage w crazy long lines) till power does come back for generator. I dropped my phone on Monday and had nothing to communicate with til Friday. We had 2 families staying with us during the day t and w and th... Fri they went elsewhere!
It's been crazy
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM
I spent an hour and 45 min on line for gas fri. Both G's sick. Was a cry fest! I had to let G pee in a cup! Then G gaqve giuliana a piece of gum! I had to run around the car and scoop it out of her mouth. I must admit she looked really cute chewing it tho.
Then some old lady cut in about 5 cars away from the pump and people flipped. She cut off the lady in front of me. She got out and yelled at her but old lady refused to move. Said late for work and not waiting. The gas station owner came and told her to get off the line as she wouldn't be served and she still wouldn't move then cop came and she was fighting with him. She finally moved 2 cars away from pump when cop threatened to arrest her. Was crazy!

Quoting SamMom912:

Still suffering. Day 6 no power. Restoration date is we'd 11/7. Tons of trees down. Hubby working non stop. Sam is disaster from no structure and was crying today about how he needs the power back.

Hoping we have enough gas (shortage w crazy long lines) till power does come back for generator. I dropped my phone on Monday and had nothing to communicate with til Friday. We had 2 families staying with us during the day t and w and th... Fri they went elsewhere!

It's been crazy

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bieg9093
by Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Swamp maple down, but we're all okay. 

SnapIt
by Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM
All good for me
Was one of the few lucky ones to stay with power. Everyone else around me lost power.
The day i went to get gas which was Fri, thats when all hell broke loose for gas.
I waited no more than 15 mins on the gas line that day because i went around the block and came up to the station off the main road where most were pulling up, but lines were long all over and than running out of gas.

I have stayed put locally so i dont use my gas

Tons of trees down which caused power to go out from falling onto power lines

Good thing more areas since fri now have power, including gas stations, which lead for more gas in the area for residents after other stations ran out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I live in Flushing, and we fortunately are safe and sound! :)

robynjavan7104
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:40 PM
I work in coney island also and when I went to work last night for the first time since the hurricane I couldn't believe how bad it is over there. Luckily the building I work at has electricity now which a lot of people still don't have. We have no heat in the building so I was sitting there with my coat on all night and I was still freezing.

Quoting Beauty91805:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)