Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

New York Mommas...Please check in and let us know you're all okay after Sandy!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm more than fine here as we only got about 4 inches of rain over a few days in the Buffalo area.

I hope all of you are warm, safe and out of harms way!

by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Replies (21-30):
Beauty91805
by Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM
O man, I haven't seen it first hand being that I'm on maternity leave but I'm so sad that this storm hit so bad.

Quoting robynjavan7104:

I work in coney island also and when I went to work last night for the first time since the hurricane I couldn't believe how bad it is over there. Luckily the building I work at has electricity now which a lot of people still don't have. We have no heat in the building so I was sitting there with my coat on all night and I was still freezing.

Quoting Beauty91805:

My area in Brooklyn NY wasn't hit bad but my job in Coney Island was destroyed :( But all my family is safe thank God and I'm still pregnant (37 weeks) :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robynjavan7104
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Thankfully we never lost power but there was a lot of flooding and down trees by my house. I did lose a week of work which is really bad considering we are living paycheck to paycheck. I'm trying to save as much money from this paycheck as possible to make up for the next one.
But I did get to have quality family time since there was no work or school. which made me realize how grateful I am to have the family I have.
Mom2twinGplus1B
by New Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Western NY here in-between Buffalo & Niagara falls.luckily all we had was heavy wind and rain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robynjavan7104
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM
when I got off the bus I wanted to cry. I seen some pictures but it was nothing compared to seeing it in person. There's sand everywhere, garbage and store fixtures all over the place, its just bad.

Quoting Beauty91805:

O man, I haven't seen it first hand being that I'm on maternity leave but I'm so sad that this storm hit so bad.

Quoting robynjavan7104:

I work in coney island also and when I went to work last night for the first time since the hurricane I couldn't believe how bad it is over there. Luckily the building I work at has electricity now which a lot of people still don't have. We have no heat in the building so I was sitting there with my coat on all night and I was still freezing.

Quoting Beauty91805:

My area in Brooklyn NY wasn't hit bad but my job in Coney Island was destroyed :( But all my family is safe thank God and I'm still pregnant (37 weeks) :)

Beauty91805
by Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Damn thats crazy :'(

Quoting robynjavan7104:

when I got off the bus I wanted to cry. I seen some pictures but it was nothing compared to seeing it in person. There's sand everywhere, garbage and store fixtures all over the place, its just bad.

Quoting Beauty91805:

Quoting robynjavan7104:

Quoting Beauty91805:

lunabella79
by Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Look into fema! They reimburse lost wages!

Quoting robynjavan7104:

Thankfully we never lost power but there was a lot of flooding and down trees by my house. I did lose a week of work which is really bad considering we are living paycheck to paycheck. I'm trying to save as much money from this paycheck as possible to make up for the next one.

But I did get to have quality family time since there was no work or school. which made me realize how grateful I am to have the family I have.
xolilmamato3
by New Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 3:57 AM

Hi everyone. I just joined before the hurricane. Anyway I am on long island and was the lucky 10% that never lost power. No damage to our home, just a fence down. Unfortunately my father is on the south shore and lost his home to flooding. Not sure it can be fixed. It is pretty messy around here. I have been keeping busy with work (I am a RN, so no off time for me). I have been collecting donations and running them places and of course helping my dad as best as possible. My aunt won't be able to go home for a long time too, she is in Rockaway. That is about it. Glad everyone is OK.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 5, 2012 at 4:44 AM

Quoting SamMom912:

Still suffering. Day 6 no power. Restoration date is we'd 11/7. Tons of trees down. Hubby working non stop. Sam is disaster from no structure and was crying today about how he needs the power back.
Hoping we have enough gas (shortage w crazy long lines) till power does come back for generator. I dropped my phone on Monday and had nothing to communicate with til Friday. We had 2 families staying with us during the day t and w and th... Fri they went elsewhere!
It's been crazy

I'm glad you are okay, for the most part. We were very worried about you and Sam!

Hopefully your power is back on before Wednesday!

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 5, 2012 at 4:47 AM

Quoting Mom2twinGplus1B:

Western NY here in-between Buffalo & Niagara falls.luckily all we had was heavy wind and rain.

Buffalo area here too! Lake View area, wind and rain with no damage.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 5, 2012 at 4:49 AM

Old lady or not she had no business doing that! How many other people in that line were late for work? She's no exception!

I'm sorry you had a rough wait with the kids for gas! Hopefully that problem will soon be ending!

Quoting Cecelia712:

I spent an hour and 45 min on line for gas fri. Both G's sick. Was a cry fest! I had to let G pee in a cup! Then G gaqve giuliana a piece of gum! I had to run around the car and scoop it out of her mouth. I must admit she looked really cute chewing it tho.
Then some old lady cut in about 5 cars away from the pump and people flipped. She cut off the lady in front of me. She got out and yelled at her but old lady refused to move. Said late for work and not waiting. The gas station owner came and told her to get off the line as she wouldn't be served and she still wouldn't move then cop came and she was fighting with him. She finally moved 2 cars away from pump when cop threatened to arrest her. Was crazy!

Quoting SamMom912:

Still suffering. Day 6 no power. Restoration date is we'd 11/7. Tons of trees down. Hubby working non stop. Sam is disaster from no structure and was crying today about how he needs the power back.

Hoping we have enough gas (shortage w crazy long lines) till power does come back for generator. I dropped my phone on Monday and had nothing to communicate with til Friday. We had 2 families staying with us during the day t and w and th... Fri they went elsewhere!

It's been crazy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)