Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Welcome back! Did you survive the blackout?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:22 PM
  • 12 Replies

welcome back

Welcome back everyone! Have you been effected due to the storm?

What did you do this past week! I abused my F5 button all last week. I am so happy to be back here on CafeMom and see you all again!

Please check out the party in The Cafe and start with this post. There will be lots of giveaways and you WON'T want to miss out!

by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I think this is the longest I have ever been away from cm! I am so glad it is back! Luckily, we were spared by the storm. It took a different route than anticipated and we didn't even lose power. I hope our other members are ok too!

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

The storm missed us as well. 

I had a few outages of CM before this when my home PC died and I had to wait to go online with my DH's laptop.

Bethy16
by Beth on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM
We are still without power a week later. I am on long island and where I am in Melville still looks like a war zone. But we had no damage but a few shingles off the roof and we are safe. Cold but safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mammabear413
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM
yes i live in li and i was the 10 percent with power i got really lucky town next to us mastic beach is bad. so i donated yesterday. i feel so sad for all those families in ny n nj
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I'm glad Cafemom is back up and running. It's funny what you realize when you don't have something.

I missed my Mommas and am grateful it's back up and running.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Quoting Bethy16:

We are still without power a week later. I am on long island and where I am in Melville still looks like a war zone. But we had no damage but a few shingles off the roof and we are safe. Cold but safe.

I'm glad you guys are safe. Dress in layers and huddle together to try and stay warm. Or, is it possible for you to head to a family member or friend to stay until you get power back>?

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

No damage here. We got some wind and rain but nothing like parts of NYC and Jersey!

We lost power a few times but nothing worth fretting over.

Bethy16
by Beth on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Nope none of us have power and the ones that do are too far away. Because we can't get gas we can't go driving all over. I have a small generator to keep the fridge and a TV. Plus we have a fire place. We are better then most around us. But at night it is cold when we shut it all down. We are all sleeping in one room and I have my dog sleeping next to me to keep me warm.

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting Bethy16:

I'm glad you guys are safe. Dress in layers and huddle together to try and stay warm. Or, is it possible for you to head to a family member or friend to stay until you get power back>?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:26 PM

UGH! I'm glad you at least have the fireplace to help with heating!

I hear the gas issues you guys are having should subside in a couple of days. I hope so!

I'm sure the dog is loving the extra cuddling.

Quoting Bethy16:

Nope none of us have power and the ones that do are too far away. Because we can't get gas we can't go driving all over. I have a small generator to keep the fridge and a TV. Plus we have a fire place. We are better then most around us. But at night it is cold when we shut it all down. We are all sleeping in one room and I have my dog sleeping next to me to keep me warm.

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting Bethy16:

lunabella79
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:39 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm right near you in Deer Park. We luckily got power back on Friday. We had to stay at my mom's across from Paumanok because it was so cold in my home. Today I went to Robert Frost and distributed a bunch of donated items that were brought to my home by neighbor's and friends and some even mailed to me from cm members.

Quoting Bethy16:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)