Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Dating scene

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi fellow mommies I am 26 yrs old , married, and i just moved to Binghamton last year from New York City. I have three children my oldest a girl 7 yrs old my middle a girl 3 yrs old and my baby a boy 2 yrs old. The move was very easy on the kids and I had a friend of the family that lived up here but moved after the flood last year. It made a year in September for me I started a job about a month after moving up here but it didn't work out so I have started my own little business making cake pops and cup cakes and a few Spanish dishes seeing as how there is no Spanish restaurants up here. I like it up here very much and so do my kids but I left friends and family in the city so the point I am getting to is how the heck do u make friends who are fellow mommies I have made a couple but every time I say oh let's make a date for just the mommies to go out they never come through. It's been very lonely up here this first year for me so I am turning to you for help. How do u make friends that will actually come through when u want to go out with or without kids lol. Sorry the post is so long
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lish2127
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM

You can look up moms groups in Binghamtom. This way you can sign up for events or host your own and you'll know who's going by the rsvps. I'm in a group in Syracuse and it's been a great way to meet other local moms.

Just did a quick search and I only found a couple groups. here is one https://sites.google.com/site/broometiogamothersandmore/join-us

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Nov. 5, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Hey. A lot of my friends are moms of my oldest daughters friends. I have met a few ladies on here. Some of the ladies here are from Binghamton. My parents live in Binghamton, we go out that way once a month or so. I have a 10 year old daughter. A 3 year old daughter and a 1 year old son.
lish2127
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I've also met some good friends just from taking my kids to storytime at the library and hanging out for awhile afterward while the kids play.

tinkerbell3cia
by New Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Thanks ladies these are some really good suggestions I looked into the broome too ha one but it cost money so I'm curious will most of them cost money? And I will absolutely try the library thanks . Trying to find new friends I almost feel like I'm dating hence the topic name putting yourself out there is really tough
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN