Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

What was your Halloween night like?

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:03 PM
  • 19 Replies

see title, add a photo if you are comfortable

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:33 PM
It rained it was cold and it sucked. We went to the mall for a bit. Left candy outside on porch.We either had a lot of trick or treaters or somebody took the whole bowl. We got home and had two groups of people. One was kids the other was a group of young adults and the girl says to me oh we left the kids in the wagon at the bottom of the steps. Didn't think much of it until I went into the dining room heard the girl say to her friend if they ask say I'm over here with three kids. They didn't jabber any kids with them and I don't think they have any kids at all.
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:45 PM

We were cool, but dry. 

This would have been a vent if we hadn't been down. My brothers ex came down here with her DH and the two babies. Would have really loved it if she had asked, rather than tell my brother they were coming here. I can't stop where she goes, I just would have liked to of been asked as she came INTO my house to get photos etc. To add to that she invited her BFF (that I have NEVER before met, unless you count running into them at Target a year after her and my brother split) down to my house with her DD (barely able to stand on her own). Not only to meet her here, but to meet her INSIDE my home, and again in my photos! 

H came down with her 3 kids, her soon-to-be-Ex met her here. They wanted to use my house as a home base, they live in teh MIDDLE of no where. 

So all the men went off with kids (brothers ex was in that group). She didn't bring her double stroller, just her single. So the baby was in taht, in a costume that was no heavier than a blanket sleeper. She had the 2 1/2 yr old walk the WHOLE time, in a bride costume that was so small her coat had to go over it. 

Garrett was allowed to go with his friend D on their own. First one of my children to do so. Johnny went out on teh fire truck.

Well, my Mom positioned herself at my door! THen kept it open teh WHOLE time. I came in and turned off my furnace. 

I give out a couple of pieces of candy per child, then I had goldfish for younger children.... She was giving 3 to 4 pieces of candy per child PLUS a bag of fish..... At 7:15 I was really low! I NEVER run out, I have NEVER gone through that much! So she ran to the grocery store. 

I was ticked at the number of GIRLS in just a pair of jeans, an aero hoodie who thrust out their pillow cases with no "trick or trea" no "thank-you" and in my opinion no costume. My Mom was giving them as much as everyone else! Normally I drop in one dum dum.... I don't care... no costume no candy! As long as you are in costume, I don't give a rats rump how old you are. 35 yr old dad dressed as Shrek, taking your 3-ish year old daughter aroudn as Fiona... you bet, Dad got candy! 

Put on a damn costume.

Bethy16
by Beth on Nov. 5, 2012 at 8:29 PM
We had no Halloween because of the storm. There are still trees and wires down all over my neighborhood
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 8:43 PM
My town postponed halloween till sat but then my 12 yr old didn't want to go, he said it was silly to go 3 days later. We were home in the dark and cold halloween night. And then sat night we weren't homeN we were at my inlaws being told how loud the babies were. How inconvienent we were. How the babies leave fingerprints everywhere. Yeah. It was fun! It the babies weren't sick we would've been here in the dark and cold!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 8:44 PM

The kids cameto the hospital and showed me all of their candy when they were done trick or treating, my husband brought them to just about every house in town so they have a ton. I had a baby Halloween morning, right after midnight, which is why I was in the hospital.

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Congratulations! Boybor girl??? Name???
Hope you're both doing well.

Quoting LucyHarper:

The kids cameto the hospital and showed me all of their candy when they were done trick or treating, my husband brought them to just about every house in town so they have a ton. I had a baby Halloween morning, right after midnight, which is why I was in the hospital.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 8:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Thanks! His name is Robin Dekker Harper, 5 pounds 9 ounces 18 inches at 12:05am. We are both healthy and happy thanks.

Quoting Cecelia712:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Awww. Whatg a great name. So sweet! A tiny little guy! My smallest was 7 lbs.
Glad everyone is doing well. I hope he's a good sleeper for you.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Thanks! His name is Robin Dekker Harper, 5 pounds 9 ounces 18 inches at 12:05am. We are both healthy and happy thanks.

Quoting Cecelia712:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Quoting LucyHarper:

Congratulations! My one little man had his Birthday on the 29th..... 

LucyHarper
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Thanks! He's tiny, but healthy and he's a very good baby.

Quoting Cecelia712:

Awww. Whatg a great name. So sweet! A tiny little guy! My smallest was 7 lbs.
Glad everyone is doing well. I hope he's a good sleeper for you.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting Cecelia712:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)