Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

What was your Halloween night like?

Posted by   + Show Post

see title, add a photo if you are comfortable

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Replies (11-19):
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Nothing wrong w tiny, I always wanted a little baby but I have big babies. My 7 lb'er was nearly 6 weeks early! He was estimated to be 11 lbs if full term. My 2nd baby was 10.6 lbs, he was late, and dd was a month early and 7.14, also estimated to have been 11 lbs if full term. So I think its adorable he's so little, I was secretly hoping my 3rd wouldn't be any bigger than 6 lbs but oh well! Babies at any size are great as long as their healthy, and good doesn't hurt either!

Quoting LucyHarper:

Thanks! He's tiny, but healthy and he's a very good baby.

Quoting Cecelia712:

Awww. Whatg a great name. So sweet! A tiny little guy! My smallest was 7 lbs.

Glad everyone is doing well. I hope he's a good sleeper for you.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Thanks! His name is Robin Dekker Harper, 5 pounds 9 ounces 18 inches at 12:05am. We are both healthy and happy thanks.

Quoting Cecelia712:

Congratulations! Boybor girl??? Name???

Hope you're both doing well.

Quoting LucyHarper:

The kids cameto the hospital and showed me all of their candy when they were done trick or treating, my husband brought them to just about every house in town so they have a ton. I had a baby Halloween morning, right after midnight, which is why I was in the hospital.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lish2127
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:08 PM

With the exception of dd throwing up in her carseat all over her coat just before going trick or treating, ours was good. We go on my mom's street which is the perfect length for the kids. One house gives out hot spiced cider to the parents and it's toward the end so we're always cold and ready for it! It was cool outside but we were not freezing or anything. Another house that is always totally decked out was a little more mellow this year but she was still handing out Gertrude Hawk chocolate and the kids got a mug and a canister full of candy and a stuffed singing alien thing. In the past we've gotten really nice treat bags from her and we still use them. Dylan's costume was a huge hit...a bunch of people said it was the best costume they had seen all night. Lucy would walk right up to the door and tried to go in a couple times. Addie's costume was last minute but she had fun.

robynjavan7104
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Ours was okay, we only stayed out an hour because it was cold and because of sandy a lot of people were giving out candy anyway. My son still had a great time and he went into a couple of haunted houses and loved them. Which is great because up until last year he was scared of everything, just reminds me of how fast he's growing.
He was an Amtrak driver so once again I had to make the costume, maybe next year he'll be something that they sell in a store.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:26 AM

Mine was very peaceful and quiet. I didn't have the house full I normally do!

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Me and 2 friends hid 200 peices of candy in my downstairs and when it got dark turned off the generator and gave the kids flashlights to find the candy. There are 6 peices looming in my house still... Lol
It was fun!
Neighboring town rescheduled for 11/10 so we will go w them there so Sam can wear costume.
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Lucy... Congrats!
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Quoting SamMom912:

Me and 2 friends hid 200 peices of candy in my downstairs and when it got dark turned off the generator and gave the kids flashlights to find the candy. There are 6 peices looming in my house still... Lol
It was fun!
Neighboring town rescheduled for 11/10 so we will go w them there so Sam can wear costume.

That sounds like a lot of fun! 

Glad the next town over made arrangements for the kids to be kids!

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Our town had a trunk or treat afternoon on a safe parking lot... But I only heard about it 15 min before it started. Friend tool her kids it was lame, last minute attempt that couldn't be well publicized due to all the cell service overload... She said there was bout 25 cars and u had to mam ur car and give out candy ... so she let her kids go with older friends kids .. no way would sam hav done that! Glad we couldn't go...

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting SamMom912:

It was fun!

That sounds like a lot of fun! 

Glad the next town over made arrangements for the kids to be kids!

Jennifair
by Jen on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Alice had a great time. She went with her school trick or treating down town ( as Monster High) Then since I didn't have a car ( kelly had to work) Alice went door to door ( for the 1st time) with her lil friend next door. She wore her warm cupcake costume from last year. We walked around for an hour and half. Was nice, So happy she has a friend that lives next door and her mom is super cool too! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)