Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

get out there and do your thing...

Posted by   + Show Post

Vote that is!

american flag ribbonpatriotic

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:31 AM
Replies (11-15):
elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Quoting lish2127:

Looks like I have to take 3 kids with me if I want to vote today and that's after taking all 3 to a dentist appt. Fun.

3 is challenging, but we always take our kids with us. Corbin was upset that we went while he was in school.

elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Quoting lish2127:

I went. The line was out the door. I was there an HOUR waiting in line. Pathetic. Thankfully, I only took Dylan with me and not the girls. My mom was available at the last minute to watch them.

Sucks you had to wait so long, but I'm glad you did. Thank goodness your mom watched the girls for you!

We were the only ones there at 1:30 today, but we waited in a line out the door for dinner!

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Quoting elwalters77:

Quoting lish2127:

Looks like I have to take 3 kids with me if I want to vote today and that's after taking all 3 to a dentist appt. Fun.

3 is challenging, but we always take our kids with us. Corbin was upset that we went while he was in school.

I was planning on going this morning with just the girls, but Dylan said he really wanted to go with me so I decided to wait until after his dentist appt at 4 so he could go with me, even knowing that time of night would be the worst. I'm glad my mom was available because waiting in a line for an hour would not have been ideal with a 14 month old who wants to wander. The last presidential election I had Dylan with me at 3 yrs old and Addie who was not even 3 weeks old.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Quoting elwalters77:

Quoting lish2127:

I went. The line was out the door. I was there an HOUR waiting in line. Pathetic. Thankfully, I only took Dylan with me and not the girls. My mom was available at the last minute to watch them.

Sucks you had to wait so long, but I'm glad you did. Thank goodness your mom watched the girls for you!

We were the only ones there at 1:30 today, but we waited in a line out the door for dinner!

I know to go during the day next year....they said the morning was just as busy as the evening. They absolutely need a new setup...it was ridiculous. The line wound around the tables you were supposed to sit at to cast your vote, and there was only one person working to sign people in for my district and that was the line that was out the door while the other ladies were just sitting there doing nothing waiting for a random person to come in from a different district.  DH just walked in the door now at 10:30pm...he left at 5:30am this morning. No help from him!

elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Quoting lish2127:

Quoting elwalters77:

Quoting lish2127:

I was planning on going this morning with just the girls, but Dylan said he really wanted to go with me so I decided to wait until after his dentist appt at 4 so he could go with me, even knowing that time of night would be the worst. I'm glad my mom was available because waiting in a line for an hour would not have been ideal with a 14 month old who wants to wander. The last presidential election I had Dylan with me at 3 yrs old and Addie who was not even 3 weeks old.

Corbin was bummed that we went while he was in school, but I didn't want to wait in line with both of them either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)