Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*sigh*

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Jen
  • 17 Replies

Many of you know the issues I've been having with my gram and gramps. Well yesterday gram had a doctor appointment to make sure the pacemaker was working right. While at her appointment Alice and I had to get gramps off the bus from his Day hab ( elder care day program). I get a phone call from my cousin that they rushed gram right over to the er because her heart was beating to fast, I get gramps duty all night. My cousin came over to sit with Gramps ( who needs 24 hour care) so I can come home and pack my bags for an over night. 

So no big deal, I had many an over night at gram's and gramp's. Alice however hasn't. Gramps needs 24 hour care, but he's not a lot of work per say. Make sure he's feed and has something to watch on tv he's good. So It's time to make dinner..... guess what Gram was going to do AFTER her appointment? Go get groceries. lol the cupboards are kinda bare. I did find something both of them would eat. Chicken tenders, french fries ( both baked) and peas. Gramps sleeps in his chair, it's easier for him ( he get's up almost every 2 hours to go to the restroom) Get Alice all settled in, Gramps tells me to go and sleep on the couch. He will be fine He has his life alert if he falls ( which * knock on wood he hasn't fallen in a very long time). I humor him, but I"m up every few hours. At 4 am I hear him walking around. Get outta bed,

Gramps what's up, you okay? 

Yup, but I'm hungry. 
Oh what do you want a snack?

Nope B'fast........

Are ya serious?!  

Get him his cherrios, pills and OJ . He wants coffee , but there isn't any. SOB!!!!! so we have tea instead. Gets done with b'fast and has his shoes on waiting to go to Day hab.... in 4 HOURS!!!! 

Get him on the bus, take care of Alice ( who wakes up an hour early) drop her off at school. Pick Kelly up to vote, drop him off, Go and get my Gram and Gramps some groceries, drop off water jugs to my aunt, She tells me that Gram has been discharged, so I go pick up Gram. Pick Alice up from school. Drop off Gram and COME HOME!!! 

I finally got some coffee for lunch..... I am happy now. 

Thanx for the vent. Things are kinda a lil back to normal. I have to go and hang out with Gramps a few times a week, but that's the duty of a grandaughter. =) 

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL...I laughed at the whole being ready 4 hours before he needs to leave.

You're a good granddaughter.

Jennifair
by Jen on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:45 PM

He loves his Day hab lol it gets him out of the house. LOL I chuckled too, and in all honeslty I would have found more humor in it if I had some coffee. LOL  he wanted to get his coat and hat on at 6:30.... I told him "Gramps the sun is just waking up. YOu have 2 hours, and believe me , the bus isn't going to leave with out you." he smiled at me 

Thank you. It's been kinda crazy, I wouldn't be able to do alone. I've very grateful for my aunt and cousins. My poor sister feels bad because she doesn't drive so she can't do to much. 

Quoting lizmarie1975:

LOL...I laughed at the whole being ready 4 hours before he needs to leave.

You're a good granddaughter.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I was wondering how things were going...you've been MIA for a little while. That's funny about the shoes. Glad your gram is doing ok and discharged. 

I was just thinking about my grandparents today as I was watching the old man that lives across the street picking up one leaf at a time to add to his big pile he raked up allll day Sunday even though we have lawn service that takes care of the leaves. I'm just glad he keeps busy at home now instead of walking miles down the busy roads around here alone like he used to. The cops told him he couldn't do it anymore...you know, being he is hunched over and literally can't see 2 ft in front of him even with his really thick (cute) glasses. I know I'm going to owe it to my grandparents some day too....as they've helped us out so much.

Jennifair
by Jen on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I know I text Erica last night sad because I couldn't be on CM now that it's up and running again. lol addiction is terrible. 

Things are ok, just kinda crazy, Hopefully they have the pacemaker set so things calm down a bit. 

Quoting lish2127:

I was wondering how things were going...you've been MIA for a little while. That's funny about the shoes. Glad your gram is doing ok and discharged. 

I was just thinking about my grandparents today as I was watching the old man that lives across the street picking up one leaf at a time to add to his big pile he raked up allll day Sunday even though we have lawn service that takes care of the leaves. I'm just glad he keeps busy at home now instead of walking miles down the busy roads around here alone like he used to. The cops told him he couldn't do it anymore...you know, being he is hunched over and literally can't see 2 ft in front of him even with his really thick (cute) glasses. I know I'm going to owe it to my grandparents some day too....as they've helped us out so much.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

((hugs)) you are a good Granddaughter!

Jennifair
by Jen on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:19 PM

all my running around made me think of you .... I don't know how you do it on a regular basis. And then you texted me. LOL we were both thinking of each other =) 

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I thought of Alice, and was thinking she was into dress-up. I didn't realize (with CM being down) that you were still running with the Grandparents

Quoting Jennifair:

all my running around made me think of you .... I don't know how you do it on a regular basis. And then you texted me. LOL we were both thinking of each other =) 

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
No wonder old people want dinner at 5 pm... There eating breakfast at 4 lunch at 10? Dinner at 4:30-5

You ARE good!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jillysmom
by Adele on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
What a great grand daughter you are
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
You need a night out for a few drinks! I'm planning on karaoke after I officially get my license.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)