Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Many of you know the issues I've been having with my gram and gramps. Well yesterday gram had a doctor appointment to make sure the pacemaker was working right. While at her appointment Alice and I had to get gramps off the bus from his Day hab ( elder care day program). I get a phone call from my cousin that they rushed gram right over to the er because her heart was beating to fast, I get gramps duty all night. My cousin came over to sit with Gramps ( who needs 24 hour care) so I can come home and pack my bags for an over night. 

So no big deal, I had many an over night at gram's and gramp's. Alice however hasn't. Gramps needs 24 hour care, but he's not a lot of work per say. Make sure he's feed and has something to watch on tv he's good. So It's time to make dinner..... guess what Gram was going to do AFTER her appointment? Go get groceries. lol the cupboards are kinda bare. I did find something both of them would eat. Chicken tenders, french fries ( both baked) and peas. Gramps sleeps in his chair, it's easier for him ( he get's up almost every 2 hours to go to the restroom) Get Alice all settled in, Gramps tells me to go and sleep on the couch. He will be fine He has his life alert if he falls ( which * knock on wood he hasn't fallen in a very long time). I humor him, but I"m up every few hours. At 4 am I hear him walking around. Get outta bed,

Gramps what's up, you okay? 

Yup, but I'm hungry. 
Oh what do you want a snack?

Nope B'fast........

Are ya serious?!  

Get him his cherrios, pills and OJ . He wants coffee , but there isn't any. SOB!!!!! so we have tea instead. Gets done with b'fast and has his shoes on waiting to go to Day hab.... in 4 HOURS!!!! 

Get him on the bus, take care of Alice ( who wakes up an hour early) drop her off at school. Pick Kelly up to vote, drop him off, Go and get my Gram and Gramps some groceries, drop off water jugs to my aunt, She tells me that Gram has been discharged, so I go pick up Gram. Pick Alice up from school. Drop off Gram and COME HOME!!! 

I finally got some coffee for lunch..... I am happy now. 

Thanx for the vent. Things are kinda a lil back to normal. I have to go and hang out with Gramps a few times a week, but that's the duty of a grandaughter. =) 

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Replies (11-17):
Jennifair
by Jen on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:35 PM

That place your friend told you about? or local? I might have to try and get away. Maybe we should make a date with Sara and Danielle. 

Quoting elwalters77:

You need a night out for a few drinks! I'm planning on karaoke after I officially get my license.

Emschick38
by Ali on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

You are a good granddaughter. I am glad you finally got your coffee.

Jennifair
by Jen on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I kinda felt bad that my Gramps didn't get any. I'm hoping he was able to get some for lunch. That was the 1st thing I got while getting them groceries though lol . 

Quoting Emschick38:

You are a good granddaughter. I am glad you finally got your coffee.

elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Quoting Jennifair:

That place your friend told you about? or local? I might have to try and get away. Maybe we should make a date with Sara and Danielle. 

Quoting elwalters77:

You need a night out for a few drinks! I'm planning on karaoke after I officially get my license.

Either, though I would love to check out Singers in Clay. Screw it! Let's do both!

elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I also am very fond of Tinkers Guild, but I don't think they do Karaoke. It's a great place to hang out though.

Bethy16
by Beth on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:24 AM
I would give any thing for a few moments with my grandparents. You are so lucky and are a wonderful grand daughter. Cherish the moments with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by Kim on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:24 AM

i am very happy you have your grandparents hun. ((hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)