Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

are you F%%%%ing kidding me??

Posted by   + Show Post
I was out running some errands with giuliana this morning ( my 16month old daughter) when some ldy stops to gush at how cute she is. Ok thanks. Then she says "I just love down syndrome babies". Hmmm ok, so I didn't say anything in response because I wasn't sure why she was saying that. Then she goes on to say she finds them so sweet and do I find her (giuliana)to be a sweet blessing. So finally I tell her my daughter does not have down syndrome. Does she just realize she put her foor in her mouth and shut up?? Helll no! She says oh honey don't be ashamed! Now I'm pissed, because absolutely no offense to DS babies, but my DD simply doesn't have DS! So I tell her again nicely my dd does not have ds and start to walk away, where she tells me I'm wrong for denying it. Now I had it, I snap and I was wrong and I admit it but I pretty much called her an old hag and to go get her eyes examined because there is noting wrong with my baby! I threw out a few other expletives in there because who the hell says that to someone???!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Omg! Tht woman is stupid!!
I swear, life would be easier if stupid people had to wear a sticker or something so we would know not to listen to them!
Im glad u told her off. Shes an idiot!
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Had she just dropped it after I informed her my daughter doesn't have DS I would've been fine. But I would never deny it if she did in fact have downsyndrome, but she doesn't. I just can't imagine someone going on when they're told they're wrong! The woman was old, I'm talking in her 80's old, so I let first comment slide, corrected 2nd comment. But don't tell me I'm ashamed of my baby and insist she has something she simply doesn't have. Id never deny anything to do w my kids because my love is unconditional.
So yeah, a sticker would help!

Quoting SamMom912:

Omg! Tht woman is stupid!!

I swear, life would be easier if stupid people had to wear a sticker or something so we would know not to listen to them!

Im glad u told her off. Shes an idiot!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Thank you. Cute but LOUD! She has some temper!

Quoting Emschick38:

I would have snapped as well. I cant believe that someone could have the audacity to continue on like that. I am so sorry you had to encounter such a jerk. BTW Your daughter is so cute. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Thank you.
I tried to be nice and just say my daughter isn't a downs baby but when she insisted is when I got rude. She was old, so I was trying to be forgiving but geez, I told her twice!

Quoting Jennifair:

omg she's so adorable. That lady has issues. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:53 AM

I'm sorry Cece. Giuliana does not resemble a baby with Downs. She's adorable by the way.

powow65
by Kim on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this

((BIG BIG HUGS!!))

some women! i totally understand.

im sorry some people (including elderly women) just try to be "nice with they're rudeness!"

you were right to "get mad" & "blow off some steam"!  ((hugs))

SMH im sorry.

MELRN
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM

did she have dementia?    people are weird

Emschick38
by Ali on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Arent they all loud at this age, from like 1-18ish?

Quoting Cecelia712:

Thank you. Cute but LOUD! She has some temper!

Quoting Emschick38:

I would have snapped as well. I cant believe that someone could have the audacity to continue on like that. I am so sorry you had to encounter such a jerk. BTW Your daughter is so cute. 

Emschick38
by Ali on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Quoting MELRN:

did she have dementia?    people are weird

This made me laugh, because my first thought was "I am pretty sure G (I dont want to completely mispell it) is too young to have dementia." lol

Jillysmom
by Adele on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Holy crap, I would have lost it big time. She has none of the signs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)