Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Why I have been MIA (some know already)

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:49 AM
  • 17 Replies

Just wanted to share why I have been mia the last week or so. While trying to get life back together after Sandy my mom got sick. We had to bring her into the ER by ambulance on halloween. 2 days later we found out after test that she had Lung Cancer. The following day after more tests and an a biobsy we were told it was stage 4. She never fully came out of it after that. She would have a few minutes here and there that day. The following day she slipped into a coma while my sisters and niece were there. She was gone before we knew it. We found out about it being Stage 4 on sunday at noon and she was gone at 4 am  on monday.

So I sit here now and realize less then a week ago I was aruguing with here about going to the ER and she is gone.

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Adele, i am so sorry for you. The loss if your mom is hard. I hope that knowing she didnt suffer long ( my mil, the only mom ( in the true unconditional love sence) i'll ever know) suffered greatly for 10 months... Pain, screaming, torturous for her and the family watching). .. And knowing That your mom is in a better place now. No pain, no misery, just love.
I hope some good memories of her help you through this tough time. I know you had a tumultuous relationship and im sure youve got some conflicting feelings regarding her passing.
I wish you peace. I wish you love.... Hugs Adele... Your in my thoughts and prayers. Email me if you want to talk.. Ill give you my cell or home number....
Emschick38
by Ali on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Adele, My heart breaks for you and your family. Sending hugs to you from Korea. 

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry for your loss! 

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. *hugs*

Mystyk_moon
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:52 AM
I am very sorry for your loss.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Adele, We are all here for you. Prayers...... 

Jennifair
by Jen on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs Adele. Sorry for your loss . And Steph is right we are here for you. 

Jillysmom
by Adele on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Quoting SamMom912:

Adele, i am so sorry for you. The loss if your mom is hard. I hope that knowing she didnt suffer long ( my mil, the only mom ( in the true unconditional love sence) i'll ever know) suffered greatly for 10 months... Pain, screaming, torturous for her and the family watching). .. And knowing That your mom is in a better place now. No pain, no misery, just love.
I hope some good memories of her help you through this tough time. I know you had a tumultuous relationship and im sure youve got some conflicting feelings regarding her passing.
I wish you peace. I wish you love.... Hugs Adele... Your in my thoughts and prayers. Email me if you want to talk.. Ill give you my cell or home number....

her not suffering long is helpful. I think you hit the nail on the head with our relationship making it harder on me. 

Jillysmom
by Adele on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Quoting Emschick38:

Adele, My heart breaks for you and your family. Sending hugs to you from Korea. 

thanks Ali

Jillysmom
by Adele on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I am so sorry for your loss! 

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. *hugs*

thank you

Jillysmom
by Adele on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Quoting Mystyk_moon:

I am very sorry for your loss.

thank you Melody

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)