Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Do you think Diane Sawyer was drunk last night?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

‘Drunk’ Diane Sawyer Rumors Raise Some Serious Eyebrows on Election Night (VIDEOS)

Posted by Jacqueline Burton November 7, 2012 

diane sawyerNo matter which way you were expecting the election to go last night, you probably weren't expecting Diane Sawyer to end up causing almost more social media buzz than both candidates combined. But the ABC anchorwoman's silly, slurry coverage of the evening's events has caused quite a ... well, let's just say someone called @DrnkDianeSawyer was on Twitter before Obama was officially re-elected (a sample messagenothig to c here guys im ok d'ont worry abot me).

I'll admit I found Sawyer's rambling delivery and apparent difficulty in pronouncing the word "presidency" to be somewhat ... odd, but I don't know the woman personally. No reason to jump to conclusions, here -- maybe she was just uber-tired. Think about it: The woman probably hasn't slept in days! We all get a little punch-drunk when we're completely exhausted, right? (Oh, by the way, Diane -- it's President Obama, not President Barack. No biggie.)

Or maybe there was something more serious going on, medically-speaking. God, what if Sawyer had a stroke or something?! I mean, she's NEVER done anything like this bef -- oh, hang on. Apparently she's done some stuff like this before. Check out this video compilation from 2009:

Teeny, teeny, teeeeeny citizens! Well, at least Sawyer is a funny ... um, person.

Look, far be it from me to make a judgment call about a TV personality's on-screen behavior (choke, cough). You'll have to watch this clip below and hazard your own guess re: the reason for Sawyer's loopiness. (Which, for the record, was pretty damn entertaining. Jussayin'.)

Do you think Diane Sawyer was drunk last night?

Here is a video from last night:

Diane Sawyer -- Drunk, Tired Or Flustered?

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Nov. 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I really don't know. Honestly, I would just switch to CNN every once in a while for a quick update. I went to be a little before 11 and only found out who the president was when I woke up this morning!

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Don't know, don't care. I used the local channel 9 website for a couple of updates before I went to bed for the night.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:51 PM
I dont know.. I dont have cable or tv access from Sandy.
Kmary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Didn't watch the coverage last night because it drives me crazy, but knowing the way Diane Sawyer is, that's sort of always how she talks, in my opinion.  She has an odd delivery that, at least recently, does sort of make me think that something is going on with her.  Not alcoholism necessarily, but something along the mini-stroke or Parkinson's or something lines.  Clearly from my description,  you can tell I'm not a doctor....LOL

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Since my daughter thinks I like sitting up all night I did know who wonN but that's because I switched the channel on commercials of days of our lives and then friends till I finally caught the results. Not because I actually watched any report.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Don't know, don't care

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)