Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We have made it to the "less than 100 days left in pregnancy name cram phase" and we cant come up with girls names that we can agree on. We already named 3. We have come up with one but cant find a middle name that we like. He wants to name it Scarlett Begonias (after a song or something) and I told him no I dont like that for a middle name.

I like Harmony and Miranda.

He likes Adalaide.

Our girls are Katrina often called Katie and Kat, Abigail called Abi and Johanna goes by Anna or JoJo. I like Adalaide but the thought of having Ali Abi and Adi makes me crazy. I need some ideas ladies he keeps coming up with names like Ophelia and Penelope.

ETA: Our last name is 6 letters, uncommon, and starts with the letter K. 

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Replies (31-40):
Emschick38
by Ali on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:03 PM

we did the same, checked the nicknames and the initials together

We write the name on the mirror. Full name, just first and last, initials, any nicknames that could become, and what each name means. That way we can look at it for a few days. At one point we had 4 names on the mirror with Anna and one day John and I were getting ready for bed and he was staring at the mirror and said "I dont like this one anymore. I dont want to yell this one at the park."

Emschick38
by Ali on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting elwalters77:

I always liked Maggie

Some others I've liked are Shannon, Rayna, Shayna, Agatha (i know, not popular), Evelyn, Genevieve,

I am going to add evelyn. Its really pretty.

Emschick38
by Ali on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Quoting Jillysmom:

I always loved Valerie but for some reason it never seemed like a name for a baby

I like that name too but I agree it would be hard to cuddle a valerie

Emschick38
by Ali on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Quoting Kmary:

If we have a girl in June she will be either Nora or Audrey.  And with the boys' names my dh is throwing at me, let's just pray it is a girl...

Not sure that really helps you any, but I do like almost all of the names already suggested.  Is your last name short or long?  Common or not?  I always think that can sort of makes a difference.

I love the name Nora. Its really pretty.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I love the following: Scarlett, Elizabeth, Savannah, Caroline, Kymberlee (yes a funky spelling of it).

I never knewthat Anna was really a Johanna... which I guess makes sense with DH being John. 

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Quoting Emschick38:

We write the name on the mirror. Full name, just first and last, initials, any nicknames that could become, and what each name means. That way we can look at it for a few days. At one point we had 4 names on the mirror with Anna and one day John and I were getting ready for bed and he was staring at the mirror and said "I dont like this one anymore. I dont want to yell this one at the park."

that is important... and yelling them together..... John, Garrett, CJ, Alex. If we are someplace super public I yell out last name, which sounds nothing like the spelling...and they all come running. Inc. Carly.

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

Jillysmom
by Adele on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Quoting Emschick38:

that is too funny

Jillysmom
by Adele on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Quoting Emschick38:

Quoting Jillysmom:

I always loved Valerie but for some reason it never seemed like a name for a baby

I like that name too but I agree it would be hard to cuddle a valerie

glad i'm not alone

Jillysmom
by Adele on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I like Nora too

Quoting Emschick38:

Quoting Kmary:

If we have a girl in June she will be either Nora or Audrey.  And with the boys' names my dh is throwing at me, let's just pray it is a girl...

Not sure that really helps you any, but I do like almost all of the names already suggested.  Is your last name short or long?  Common or not?  I always think that can sort of makes a difference.

I love the name Nora. Its really pretty.

Jillysmom
by Adele on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:31 PM

thats funny and some much better then calling all over them

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting Emschick38:

that is important... and yelling them together..... John, Garrett, CJ, Alex. If we are someplace super public I yell out last name, which sounds nothing like the spelling...and they all come running. Inc. Carly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)