Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Names

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Ali
  • 47 Replies

We have made it to the "less than 100 days left in pregnancy name cram phase" and we cant come up with girls names that we can agree on. We already named 3. We have come up with one but cant find a middle name that we like. He wants to name it Scarlett Begonias (after a song or something) and I told him no I dont like that for a middle name.

I like Harmony and Miranda.

He likes Adalaide.

Our girls are Katrina often called Katie and Kat, Abigail called Abi and Johanna goes by Anna or JoJo. I like Adalaide but the thought of having Ali Abi and Adi makes me crazy. I need some ideas ladies he keeps coming up with names like Ophelia and Penelope.

ETA: Our last name is 6 letters, uncommon, and starts with the letter K. 

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ncohetero
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Molly, astrid, Emma, Sophia, selene
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:28 AM

I love the name Peneolpe, sorry!

My favorite for a girl has always been Morgan Elizabeth.

Emschick38
by Ali on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:03 AM

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

I think Penelope is pretty as well. I guess I should have added in there he pronounced it wrong.   like pee-na- lope in stead of pen-el-a-pe

Bethy16
by Beth on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Wow if he pronounces it that way she will be called pee pee or penis. I always thought of what horrible nick names kids can come up with to tease them. I have a Sydney Paige and a Peyton Jillian. What about Adele or Estelle?

Quoting Emschick38:

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

I think Penelope is pretty as well. I guess I should have added in there he pronounced it wrong.   like pee-na- lope in stead of pen-el-a-pe

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Tiana? Annikah? Genovieve? Lillianna? 

Scarlett elizabeth? Hmmm, there is something about scarlett that catches my fancy.... Lol

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:30 AM

I also love the name julie... Or julianna... Or jillian... 

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Oooooh girls nanes are such fun! 

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:38 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting SamMom912:

Scarlett elizabeth? Hmmm, there is something about scarlett that catches my fancy.... Lol

I vote for this name!!!

stacefaceninja
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:45 AM

My daughter's name is Winter. ( You should have heard some of the comments). I think picking out your childs name is one of those rare moments in time that you actually get to "immortalize" yourself..aka: be remembered for being that crazy great great great grandma who named her kid something totally off the wall. Enjoy your name-picking session! I have Winter Rose and Ethan Marquette. I Looooove the name Penelope, but I have heard too many people seriously mispronounce it...lol. I just told my DH about Scarlett Begonias. He loves it. go figure;)

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting SamMom912:

I vote for this name!!!

I just thought of another  REALLY pretty name...
Jacqueline... Maybe Jacqueline Elizabeth???? Hmmm, I like that one A LOT... too!!! OR
maybe something like:

CeStepphAdele, ElizaBethy, Ericannifer, Nik-Kim-Snowbunny? LOL... (I know Im forgetting someones name in there... but Im laughing to hard to think of who it may be!! )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)