Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

We have made it to the "less than 100 days left in pregnancy name cram phase" and we cant come up with girls names that we can agree on. We already named 3. We have come up with one but cant find a middle name that we like. He wants to name it Scarlett Begonias (after a song or something) and I told him no I dont like that for a middle name.

I like Harmony and Miranda.

He likes Adalaide.

Our girls are Katrina often called Katie and Kat, Abigail called Abi and Johanna goes by Anna or JoJo. I like Adalaide but the thought of having Ali Abi and Adi makes me crazy. I need some ideas ladies he keeps coming up with names like Ophelia and Penelope.

ETA: Our last name is 6 letters, uncommon, and starts with the letter K. 

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Replies (21-30):
Kmary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:50 PM

If we have a girl in June she will be either Nora or Audrey.  And with the boys' names my dh is throwing at me, let's just pray it is a girl...

Not sure that really helps you any, but I do like almost all of the names already suggested.  Is your last name short or long?  Common or not?  I always think that can sort of makes a difference.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Quoting Kmary:

If we have a girl in June she will be either Nora or Audrey.  And with the boys' names my dh is throwing at me, let's just pray it is a girl...

Not sure that really helps you any, but I do like almost all of the names already suggested.  Is your last name short or long?  Common or not?  I always think that can sort of makes a difference.

I love both those names... My grandmother from Ireland was Nora...
my GF's daughter is Nora... she just came home crying a few weeks ago from school with a few girls calling her Nora the Whore-A... as she was talking to a boy that one of the girls liked. She's 11... where do girls learn the awful name whore at 11???? I was floored!!!!
So now, Im leaning toward Audrey! LOL!!!
I didnt realize you were expecting!!! That's AWESOME!! CONGRATS! Is this 3 girls now??? or am I confussing your lot with someone else's?

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Thank you!  Yes, big surprise number 3.  We don't know yet what we're having and may not find out until birth, but we have 2 boys right now.  Our sons have very Anglo/Irish names (Garrick and Liam) so Nora fits in better with those.  It's a fine Gaelic name!

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting Kmary:

my GF's daughter is Nora... she just came home crying a few weeks ago from school with a few girls calling her Nora the Whore-A... as she was talking to a boy that one of the girls liked. She's 11... where do girls learn the awful name whore at 11???? I was floored!!!!
I didnt realize you were expecting!!! That's AWESOME!! CONGRATS! Is this 3 girls now??? or am I confussing your lot with someone else's?

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Quoting Kmary:

Thank you!  Yes, big surprise number 3.  We don't know yet what we're having and may not find out until birth, but we have 2 boys right now.  Our sons have very Anglo/Irish names (Garrick and Liam) so Nora fits in better with those.  It's a fine Gaelic name!

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting Kmary:

Ahhh that it tis lassie.... fine irish...
I LOVE the name... but felt so bad for Nora.. she is SUCH a sweet sweet girl... and I was over when she got home crying... :(  With Sam only 6.. Im sooo not ready.
Nora's brothers are Liam and Clancy but she is the oldest in that family.. (with very irish last name!)

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

That is a shame.  I don't think I'd ever heard of that word at that age.  Yikes!  But I guess kids can be mean about just about anything.  If it's not your name, it'll probably be something else.  Part of growing up and toughening up, I guess.  :-/

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting Kmary:

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting Kmary:

Ahhh that it tis lassie.... fine irish...
I LOVE the name... but felt so bad for Nora.. she is SUCH a sweet sweet girl... and I was over when she got home crying... :(  With Sam only 6.. Im sooo not ready.
Nora's brothers are Liam and Clancy but she is the oldest in that family.. (with very irish last name!)

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Quoting Emschick38:

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

I love the name Peneolpe, sorry!

My favorite for a girl has always been Morgan Elizabeth.

I think Penelope is pretty as well. I guess I should have added in there he pronounced it wrong.   like pee-na- lope in stead of pen-el-a-pe

I also love the name Sophia too!

Emschick38
by Ali on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Quoting ncohetero:

Molly, astrid, Emma, Sophia, selene

Molly has made the talk to DH list. We threw around Emmalyn for a few days but he said no. 

Emschick38
by Ali on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Quoting SamMom912:

Tiana? Annikah? Genovieve? Lillianna? 

Scarlett elizabeth? Hmmm, there is something about scarlett that catches my fancy.... Lol

Is Elizabeth your middle name??   I love Annikah but he shot that down when we were pregnant with Abi. and now 2 annas would be to much. And off topic I totally just had a vision of Anna being twins and I think I might go rock myself in a corner.

Emschick38
by Ali on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Quoting stacefaceninja:

My daughter's name is Winter. ( You should have heard some of the comments). I think picking out your childs name is one of those rare moments in time that you actually get to "immortalize" yourself..aka: be remembered for being that crazy great great great grandma who named her kid something totally off the wall. Enjoy your name-picking session! I have Winter Rose and Ethan Marquette. I Looooove the name Penelope, but I have heard too many people seriously mispronounce it...lol. I just told my DH about Scarlett Begonias. He loves it. go figure;)

We have had last minute changes, Anna was gooing to be Rebekah Grace until 3 weeks before she was born. Then we saw the name Johanna and wrote it everywhere through our house and decided on it the day she was born. Looked at her and said "Rebekah or Johanna?"

Emschick38
by Ali on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting SamMom912:

Scarlett elizabeth? Hmmm, there is something about scarlett that catches my fancy.... Lol

I vote for this name!!!

I just thought of another  REALLY pretty name...
Jacqueline... Maybe Jacqueline Elizabeth???? Hmmm, I like that one A LOT... too!!! OR
maybe something like:

CeStepphAdele, ElizaBethy, Ericannifer, Nik-Kim-Snowbunny? LOL... (I know Im forgetting someones name in there... but Im laughing to hard to think of who it may be!! )

This made me laugh. I will ask him about these tonight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)