Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

We have made it to the "less than 100 days left in pregnancy name cram phase" and we cant come up with girls names that we can agree on. We already named 3. We have come up with one but cant find a middle name that we like. He wants to name it Scarlett Begonias (after a song or something) and I told him no I dont like that for a middle name.

I like Harmony and Miranda.

He likes Adalaide.

Our girls are Katrina often called Katie and Kat, Abigail called Abi and Johanna goes by Anna or JoJo. I like Adalaide but the thought of having Ali Abi and Adi makes me crazy. I need some ideas ladies he keeps coming up with names like Ophelia and Penelope.

ETA: Our last name is 6 letters, uncommon, and starts with the letter K. 

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Replies (41-47):
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Yaaa for julianna, or (giuliana!)

Quoting SamMom912:

I also love the name julie... Or julianna... Or jillian... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncohetero
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:31 PM
I like Molly. We were thinking of Molly and Emma for our daughter then my huband chose Emma.

Quoting Emschick38:

Quoting ncohetero:

Molly, astrid, Emma, Sophia, selene

Molly has made the talk to DH list. We threw around Emmalyn for a few days but he said no. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jillysmom
by Adele on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I have always liked names that werent off the wall but not common

Emschick38
by Ali on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

I love the following: Scarlett, Elizabeth, Savannah, Caroline, Kymberlee (yes a funky spelling of it).

I never knewthat Anna was really a Johanna... which I guess makes sense with DH being John. 

He said it was the closest he would ever get to naming a kid after him. Johanna is a combo of his favorite people in the bible John the baptist and Anna. But he always pronounced it wrong, he left out the H and it drove me crazy so we settled on Anna.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I stood in the livingroom and yelled toward the back of the house " samuel ethan get out here! You are in big trouble! ". I tried the other names we chose as well.. But that was the one that felt the most natural... So that was the one that was his name. Lol

You have to yell it like your pissed! If it doesnt feel right, it isnt. Lol

Jillysmom:

Quoting Emschick38:

we did the same, checked the nicknames and the initials together

We write the name on the mirror. Full name, just first and last, initials, any nicknames that could become, and what each name means. That way we can look at it for a few days. At one point we had 4 names on the mirror with Anna and one day John and I were getting ready for bed and he was staring at the mirror and said "I dont like this one anymore. I dont want to yell this one at the park."

that is too funny

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM

yupper...
John Sebastian
Garrett Michael
Christopher James
Alexander Nicholas 

Quoting SamMom912:

I stood in the livingroom and yelled toward the back of the house " samuel ethan get out here! You are in big trouble! ". I tried the other names we chose as well.. But that was the one that felt the most natural... So that was the one that was his name. Lol

You have to yell it like your pissed! If it doesnt feel right, it isnt. Lol

Jillysmom:

Quoting Emschick38:

we did the same, checked the nicknames and the initials together

We write the name on the mirror. Full name, just first and last, initials, any nicknames that could become, and what each name means. That way we can look at it for a few days. At one point we had 4 names on the mirror with Anna and one day John and I were getting ready for bed and he was staring at the mirror and said "I dont like this one anymore. I dont want to yell this one at the park."

that is too funny

suetoo
by Sue on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Adalaine? I'd worry about how a name can be corrupted by mean kids, ie the "laid" part. (Sorry)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN