Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Half your A** Small update***

Posted by   + Show Post

I was at my husbands job Friday for a little bit. As I was talking to my husbands boss he looks at me, slightly turns me and pulls aside my hoodie.. looks and says to me "you lost half your ass"

I know I've been losing weight and all but didn't think it was that drastic.

I've had my neighbors tell me I've lost weight and people at work. How come I don't see the difference?

*****UPDATE*****

I weighed myself on June 23RD, I remember because I was at my sisters house watching my niece get ready for her wedding.

I weighed myself last night and since June 23RD I've lost 33 lbs. I can't tell you how excited I was to see that. *doing a happy dance***

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:38 AM
Replies (11-20):
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Quoting SamMom912:

I think that maybe psychologically you are used to seeing yourself a certain way. I think even when weight is lost, if we are use to seeing ourselves as a (for example) size 10... and we are now a 6... we still see the 10.

KWIM?

I think it takes a lot to retrain our brain to not see ourselves in a bad light. If you feel GOOD and are HEALTHY then I dont really think it matters what size you are... 
PLEASE dont use the guidelines I set up there as a standard... they are MY standards... but Im really little... (5') so when I wear a 10, Im pretty big for "me...."  

It does take a lot to retrain our brain. It took me a while with my smile and I'm still working on that.

Lately I just feel tired. I'm getting up early, even on the weekends.

I don't eat as much as I used to either. I don't really care for sweets, like I used to, I should say. I gravitate twoards healthier foods. Fruits and yogurts things along those lines.

I haven't seen a size 5 since I was a teenager. I'm just glad to ditch the 14 and 16's I had to buy.

If I could get rid of my kangaroo pouch I'd be in even smaller jeans. I think I will actually need a tummy tuck to get rid of the pouch :(

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Quoting elwalters77:

IDK but I wish I could lose half my ass and then some! Good for you!

Thing is, I'm not really trying. I think getting up and out, going to work etc..has made the difference for me.

I was very heavy and have never, ever been that heavy. I most certainly didn't like myself.

It's like I'm finding me again. The me I lost when I became a mom. Not that I would ever change that, I love being a Mom but I did lose myself there for quite a while. I'm happy to be seeing the little of the old me. I'm happy to be working (even though I gripe about it).

I'm also eating three times a day. Something I never did.

elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:27 PM
That makes sense. I am a 14 (my biggest ever), but I still see myself as a 10 most of the time. I'd like to get back to a 10

Quoting SamMom912:

I think that maybe psychologically you are used to seeing yourself a certain way. I think even when weight is lost, if we are use to seeing ourselves as a (for example) size 10... and we are now a 6... we still see the 10.

KWIM?

I think it takes a lot to retrain our brain to not see ourselves in a bad light. If you feel GOOD and are HEALTHY then I dont really think it matters what size you are... 
PLEASE dont use the guidelines I set up there as a standard... they are MY standards... but Im really little... (5') so when I wear a 10, Im pretty big for "me...."  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Emschick38
by Ali on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:02 PM
2 moms liked this

If I could get rid of my kangaroo pouch I'd be in even smaller jeans. I think I will actually need a tummy tuck to get rid of the pouch :(

I told John that i want a tummy tuck for my 50th birthday, cause I will be done having babies and I shouldnt have kids under 4 so recovery should be easier. And that way I can enjoy buying myself clothes when I dont have the responsibility of buying kids clothes every 2 months.

Ewa101
by Ewa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Am I the only one who would have a problem with my husband's boss "slightly turning me, pulling aside my hoodie and saying 'you lost half your ass'?"

tiredgranny521
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this

You see yourself everyday so you don't realize the change. Others see you intermittantly so the change is more obvious. I just saw my daughter's sister-in-law yesterday for the first time in nearly 2 years. The weight loss was dramatic and very noticeable becaue of the time span.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Quoting Ewa101:

Am I the only one who would have a problem with my husband's boss "slightly turning me, pulling aside my hoodie and saying 'you lost half your ass'?"

No I don't think you are or would be the only one. I guess I should have given a bit of background here.

I've known my husbands boss for 20 years. We are close, very close. Go out together, our kids graduations, weddings etc.. I call him fat **fu*& He calls me Bit&, it's just our thing.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Quoting tiredgranny521:

You see yourself everyday so you don't realize the change. Others see you intermittantly so the change is more obvious. I just saw my daughter's sister-in-law yesterday for the first time in nearly 2 years. The weight loss was dramatic and very noticeable becaue of the time span.

Very true!

powow65
by Kim on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Let me lose the baby belly/herina's belly & my "love handles" & some of my thigh (just the fat part.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by Kim on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM
We would so get along@ Chris. Lol

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting Ewa101:

No I don't think you are or would be the only one. I guess I should have given a bit of background here.

I've known my husbands boss for 20 years. We are close, very close. Go out together, our kids graduations, weddings etc.. I call him fat **fu*& He calls me Bit&, it's just our thing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)