Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Candy Cane Cookies

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:37 AM
  • 14 Replies

Thanks to Liz sending me a couple of boxes of Jello brand candy cane pudding, I made these cookies tonight.

White Chocolate Candy Cane Pudding Cookies

Candy Cane Cookies

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/12/12-days-of-christmas-goodies-day-12.html

They're basically sugar cookies! I was expecting them to be more like chocolate chip cookies, but the dough was really thick so I thought I would roll them out and use cookie cutters instead of rolling in a ball and flattening them like the recipe said.

They are minty but not super overwhelming. The crushed candy cane on top melts a little but still has a little crunch. I bought it in the bulk section at Wegmans with the seasonal sprinkles. I actually forgot to buy brown sugar tonight so ended up using mostly white sugar but it was fine. Thanks to an influencer I just did for Reynolds Parchment Paper, I rolled them out and cut them on the paper, slid the whole thing onto a cookie sheet, baked them, and then cooled them by just sliding the paper off the cookie sheet. Easy cleanup! This is how mine turned out:

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennifair
by Jen on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:34 AM

look yummy! 

elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Oh yum!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:00 AM

can't wait to try them..... and thanks to Liz as well for mailing me some :)

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Yay! I need to get my butt in gear and make them too.

I really do love the how you rolled, cut, and baked all on that one sheet of paper! So easy. I'll definitely be doing that next time I cut cookies.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

I really do love the how you rolled, cut, and baked all on that one sheet of paper! So easy. I'll definitely be doing that next time I cut cookies.

I'm so hooked on parchement paper now. I hate cleaning cookies sheets and the counter after rolling cookies or any dough, but with the paper there is nothing to clean!

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Eating one now and they are goood. For half the dough I just did regular round cookies because the cookie cutters take way too long.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Quoting lish2127:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

I'm so hooked on parchement paper now. I hate cleaning cookies sheets and the counter after rolling cookies or any dough, but with the paper there is nothing to clean!

Invest in a silpat. Works the same, yet recyclable.

robynjavan7104
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:16 PM
Wow I didn't see that flavor of jello at the store, I'm going to have to look again and make those, they look good
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jillysmom
by Adele on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Interesting. Never thought to use the paper like that

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Oh how cute those look!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)