Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Scarlett (or anyone with boat knowledge or DH's with knowledge)

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

As you know John's out of work hobby last year was restoring a 1960 something boat (outboard motor)..... He has been wanting a depth finder and a fish finder. 

I saw this in the Bass Pro ad but know nothing. I though you had mentioned boating in previous blurts on the board and didn't know if you had any knowledge or if your DH would be avail for brain picking. 

I have no clue what to get John for Christmas and this is something he wants, and seems ot be a good price... $179 before $30 rebate.

http://www.basspro.com/Garmin-echo-300C-DualBeam-Sonar-Fishfinder/product/10212501/#desc-tab

Wife to John; Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex;
Full time Aunt to Carly-Ann.

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I asked Ron. He said they have things with beams dual and tripple. But if he's not a serious fisherman that this would be fine. If he was heavil, very heavily  in to fishing then he would suggest something different.

We have a Garmin fish/depth finder on out boat and it works, well did until we bounced the bottom of the boat on the beach

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Garmin is a good reliable brand. Decent price. Bass pro carries good stuff not junk. Quotedfrom hubby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Thank you :)

Chris, how the heck did I forget that you and Ron boat? Probably because of all the snow talk now that i think about it. 

John is defidently not a serious fisherman, just something to do,. 

We own Garmin's for our GPS's in the trucks and I am very happy with them. 

Guess, I know what John is going to get. I just feel bad that it will only be 1 real gift, the other two he knows about... lol

Jennifair
by Jen on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:49 PM

soooo does that mean you're coming to bass pro, or ordering? Cause I live close to bass pro ;) 

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Quoting Jennifair:

soooo does that mean you're coming to bass pro, or ordering? Cause I live close to bass pro ;) 

I *think* I am going to come out to Bass Pro, just not sure when....... that and I have the bag for Alice.....

Wife to John; Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex;
Full time Aunt to Carly-Ann.

Jennifair
by Jen on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting Jennifair:

I *think* I am going to come out to Bass Pro, just not sure when....... that and I have the bag for Alice.....

Let me know and we can meet at the mall! 

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:36 AM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Thank you :)

Chris, how the heck did I forget that you and Ron boat? Probably because of all the snow talk now that i think about it. 

John is defidently not a serious fisherman, just something to do,. 

We own Garmin's for our GPS's in the trucks and I am very happy with them. 

Guess, I know what John is going to get. I just feel bad that it will only be 1 real gift, the other two he knows about... lol

I would have to say it's because of all the snowmobile talk. Heck, it's all I've been talking about lately. We're just waiting on snow, at least 6 inches of it. Oh and for the trails, they open December 19TH. I don't see us getting cold enough or enough snow by December 19TH but we are jonsing to go since last year was a complete let down.

I also wouldn't feel bad. I'm sure your hubby will be ever so happy for the depth finder.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:14 PM

So I went down a model, still does depth and fish, just doesn't ahve a split screen (shows everything on one) and isn't in color. 

The sales associate was an older gentleman, and I basicly asked him "If I was your Daughter, and your son in law only made it out between Cross Lake and Lock 1 in Phienix about twice a month, which would you suggest?"
It is a still a Garmin, and has the same hertz etc.....  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)