Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

It's all fun and games...

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Liz
  • 15 Replies

Nadir is playing quietly with his new firetruck.

Naseem takes the opportunity to bring out the small garage (that Nadir got for Christmast last year) and a couple of cars.

Nadir notices transgression.

Chaos ensues.

Nadir yanks garage away from Naseem.

Naseem throws car at Nadir's head.

Nadir pushes Naseem to the floor.

Nadir proceeds to state that those are all of his toys and he doesn't want Seemy playing with them.

Gah...sharing is rough.

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Awe man. Lily refuses to let Xavier play with her toys too, because he's a baby and I'm a big girl.her exact words. But yet she takes his toys and plays with them, She will say Xav let me show you something as she's taking the toy out of his hand.
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

Awe man. Lily refuses to let Xavier play with her toys too, because he's a baby and I'm a big girl.her exact words. But yet she takes his toys and plays with them, She will say Xav let me show you something as she's taking the toy out of his hand.

LOL, that scenario sounds like this house too!

elwalters77
by Erica on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Eeep!

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:15 PM

That's when I'd get down on the floor and play with them. Show them how to share and play together. Make it exciting to play together.

Encourage them to share and take turns at other times too like at snack time break it in half and say something like "you guys get to share a granola bar! or ask Nadir to give Naseem something and then praise him for sharing and vice versa. Most of the time if we ask Lucy to give a toy back, she will do it with a smile if we give her the time to do it. If Addie tries to grab it away from her she will cry and not give it back without a fight, but if Addie is patient and just holds her hand out, Lucy will give it back. 

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Quoting lish2127:

That's when I'd get down on the floor and play with them. Show them how to share and play together. Make it exciting to play together.

Encourage them to share and take turns at other times too like at snack time break it in half and say something like "you guys get to share a granola bar! or ask Nadir to give Naseem something and then praise him for sharing and vice versa. Most of the time if we ask Lucy to give a toy back, she will do it with a smile if we give her the time to do it. If Addie tries to grab it away from her she will cry and not give it back without a fight, but if Addie is patient and just holds her hand out, Lucy will give it back. 

Oh I did...but this happens just about every day. Naseem usually tries to grab something out of Nadir's hand while he's playing with it...or vice versa.  Two minutes later, all is forgotten and they're hugging and kissing one another.

lizmarie1975

BUMP!

lizmarie1975

Quoting lizmarie1975:

BUMP!

This is what happens when you click too many times...

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Quoting lish2127:

I should have also noted that this was right before naptime so neither one of them were at their best.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting lish2127:

I should have also noted that this was right before naptime so neither one of them were at their best.

I totally understand. I can always tell when its naptime here too.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I did the same thing at macys this morning! Listen baby, survival of the fittest! Only the strong shall prosper... Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN