Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

The big question...Christmas Dinner

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Liz
  • 13 Replies

if you're cooking...what are you making?

I need some ideas.

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elwalters77
by Erica on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM

We have brunch at my grandmas, and thankfully, grandma, my mom and my aunts do all the cooking so those of us with little ones don't have to be cooking all morning!

We go to my mom's in the evening after Dan gets home from work and just do a pot luck. We usually have a deli tray. Last year I brought meat balls. This year I'm making ziti.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:51 PM

We really haven't discussed it yet. I know we're having ham at my mom's. With DH's family we're doing some kind of meal with his Aunts but they usually just have us bring drinks or something easy since we have to travel 3 hours to get there.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM

ham, scalopped potatoes, green bean casserole, squash, sweet potatoes (the ones I do in the crock pot), and fresh bread.

Not sure on the desserts. 

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I don't know yet and I'm cooking.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Ditto! 

I am thinking about doing shrimp and grits, potatoes au gratin, turkey breast or roast beef, zucchini casserole. I am making a stromboli as an app as well as shrimp cocktail, a chesse plate with olives and sausages, veggie platter.  Dessert is almond angel food cake and a chocolate log roll (hubbys aunt). 

Im not 100% on the menu yet.. (the shrimp and grits are a southern option for the 4 vegetarians we have in the family). 

Emschick38
by Ali on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM

We will have french onion soup, or manicotti, or something that I have in the fridge. We arent doing nything for Christmas except staying home, so we will eat what John and I decide to make. 

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Since we have the neices and nephew christmas day and not eve we sill do the 7 fishes on christmas day since they like that. And for the one that doesn't I will make her chicken cutlets and mac and cheese.
Christmas eve I will make fried calamari and shrimp as app and then scallops, lobster and crab over linguine w a butter wine sauce. This way its still fish just different than usual and save the usual so the kids can enjoy it also.
Dessert is tiramisu, struffoli, cookies, and whatever else we wind up baking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:39 AM

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Ditto! 

I am thinking about doing shrimp and grits, potatoes au gratin, turkey breast or roast beef, zucchini casserole. I am making a stromboli as an app as well as shrimp cocktail, a chesse plate with olives and sausages, veggie platter.  Dessert is almond angel food cake and a chocolate log roll (hubbys aunt). 

Im not 100% on the menu yet.. (the shrimp and grits are a southern option for the 4 vegetarians we have in the family). 

What's tough is this year I am doing both Christmas Eve and Christmas. Christmas eve is Roast beef, cheese platter and such.

I', still throwing around Ham or turkey for Christmas dinner but not sure what I want to serve with either. 

I still have to make Christmas cookies and I wont be able to do that until next week. 

suetoo
by Sue on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Turkey, stuffing, mashed, green beans.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:11 AM
My fear is that is too thanksgiving? No? I would love to do turkey and suxh but feel like we were all together having that 4 weeks ago...

Quoting suetoo:

Turkey, stuffing, mashed, green beans.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN