Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12/20 Today is...

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Liz
  • 5 Replies

Go Caroling Day

When : Always December 20

Go Caroling Day is a wonderful, rewarding, and memory filled day. By far more popular decades ago, Christmas holiday caroling is a great opportunity to enjoy the holiday and appreciate its meaning.

Christmas caroling remains popular in many area and among many groups. Scouts and youth groups often partake in this special musical event. Even family parties and business parties sometimes produce an impromptu caroling event.  

It may take a little planning to make your Christmas Caroling happen. For example, scout groups frequently go caroling to nursing homes and senior citizen centers. A phone call to the facility management to arrange a date and time is a must. Transportation to/from the facility also must be arranged. And, afterwards, a caroling event is often topped off with hot chocolate and cookies.

We hope you enjoy Go Caroling Day to its fullest today!

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Well, no one wants to hear me sing so I won't be participating in this one.

I've never actually seen a caroler...in the neighborhood. There were some in the next town over in the business district.

A couple of years ago, Naiya had me write the words to Jingle Bells on a piece of paper and went to the house across the street to sing. LOL. She couldn't yet read so what she sang was from memory. It was so cute.

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:21 PM
We used to go door to door caroling with girl scouts.
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Yeah I'm tone deaf so no one wants to hear me either. But giovanni does like for me to sing jingle bell rock to him so if that counts I've carolled abbout 5 times already today.
Id love to see real carollers but in all honesty, I don't open the door when I'm home alone anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by Erica on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Ooooh, I like this! Wish I had someone to go with me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifair
by Jen on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I say next year we do it! Get some of our friends and do it!! The kids would love it! 

Quoting elwalters77:

Ooooh, I like this! Wish I had someone to go with me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)