Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Girl Scout Cookie Question.......

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 21 Replies

Do you purchase a box from each scout you know? Or do you order all from the first one who gets to you?

Wife to John; Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex;
Full time Aunt to Carly-Ann.

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM

When my Mom worked full time she bought a box from each coworker that had a slip for their daughter. 

Before Carly was a scout, I would buy several boxes from a friends daughter, then John would buy a box each from the two co-workers daughters, and I would get a box each from the 2 close friends of the friends daughter (as I was neighbor to one, and had the other at the day care). So in the end we would have about 15 boxes. 

Now that Carly is a scout, I ordered 6 boxes from her. Then I will order one from Sarah at Church, and we will see from there. I did find some people didn't ask me, because they knew I had a scout. 

We asked one lady at Church, who ordered all of her cookies from one person. Then complained as I was deliverying cookies that she hadn't seen her to get them.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I think I'm going to have to buy them this year.....my uncle works for a different company now and doesn't deliver the girl scout cookies to the southern states anymore. No more cases of free cookies. Haven't bought any in years.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I don't know any girl scouts!

I usually just get them from the girl scouts when they set up outside the supermarket.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Gosh Liz, I forgot about that. I get a box when I see a booth, especially if they are outside and the weather stinks..... lol

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I have 2 or 3 in the neighborhood that come by. We order 4 from each.
The thin mints freeze will and make an awesome addition to vanilla milkshakes
And we get some for my fil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Gosh Liz, I forgot about that. I get a box when I see a booth, especially if they are outside and the weather stinks..... lol

Well, they aren't actually outside the supermarket. They're in the vestibule so they're not facing the elements!

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Well, they aren't actually outside the supermarket. They're in the vestibule so they're not facing the elements!

We have a couple of stores that won't let them inside, they are outside under the awnings. 
Carly's troop gets an indoor table at each of last two breakfasts.  

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Whenever anyone asks; i buy. I cant say no to small children or cookies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by Erica on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:12 PM
I don't usually have anyone that asks but I think Corbin's friend is selling this year. If they are at the store and I have cash I usually buy more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jenniferlee_12
by Jennifer on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I order from my niece. This year both nieces are in it and I will split the order. DH usually is suckered in to buy more at work also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN