Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

1/10 Today is...(Part 1)

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Liz
  • 7 Replies

Houseplant Appreciation Day

When : Always January 10th

The holidays are over. The decorations have been put away for another year. The house looks a little plain, a little drab. In the greyishness of January, your eye catches something in the corner of the room. Why, it's a houseplant! Funny, but with all of the holiday hubabuloo, you've all but forgotten your houseplants.

Today is THE day to get back to tending to, and loving your houseplants. And, it's also a day to appreciate just how special and important they are. They are therapeutic, lifting your mood and outlook. They add warmth and a calming effect. If you are a gardner, they give you an opportunity to play in the dirt, until spring arrives in the far, distant future.

Growing houseplants is pretty easy. They need a little sunlight, water, occasional nutrients, and a little love..

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jillysmom
by Adele on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I hated a cactus, no plants for me

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Wow so funny because I watered my plants and moved them around this morning. I put a big plant back down on the floor by the patio door that I've had out of reach the past year....we'll see if dd leaves it alone...that poor plant needs some light.

I worked for a tropical plant company for awhile and took care of plants in big office buildings, malls, hotels, restaurants, etc

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:40 PM
We have a big tropical looking plant in our bay window. Other than not, I'm not a fan of plants inside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:08 PM

mine all died and haven't been replaced..... sad as many of them were from floral arrangements from my SIL's funeral.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

mine all died and haven't been replaced..... sad as many of them were from floral arrangements from my SIL's funeral.

I've went through many many plants and sadly don't have any of the really cool ones left from when I had that job. RIght now the majority of them were from my uncle's house in Virginia or from the plant dishes at his funeral. We just don't have the windows in this place....only the patio door in our living room and its not like I can leave a plant stand in front of it and expect it not to get knocked over.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I have absolutely no house plants.

elwalters77
by Erica on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I kill em. I did buy a small potted Northern Spruce at Christmas time. The last one I had lived a few years, my personal best. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)