Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Dental Insurance

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Liz
  • 11 Replies

A few weeks ago, Naiya had some work done on her mouth and it cost about $1000 (give or take a couple of hundred).

Well, the dentist office assumes that the insurance will pay half so they ask you to pay half of your bill at the time service is rendered.

This time, the receptionist allowed me to charge $400 that visit and $400 the following week (payday).

Two weeks after Naiya's visit, I went back with Nathanael and they hadn't yet heard back from the insurance so they agreed to bill insurance first and then see how much I would owe. I was pretty sure that I had overpaid with that $800 but I didn't want the dentist to send me a check. I just wanted whatever credit I had to be applied to Nathanael.

Well...I got a Services Rendered Invoice. It was paid in full with a credit of $656! Fabulous.

I had only expected a hundred or two so I was just going to leave it with them but that much?! Send me the check so I can put it in my vacation fund to help pay for Great Wolf Lodge.

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:42 PM

wow! 

John and I have no dental currently. As the company hasn't found a carrier that will do similar to what the medical is. 

THe kids only have basic; and my brother his isn't insurance but a discount plan (fail) so we either find a participating dentist for the discount, or continue to pay our dentist what he charges for Carly (and no her mother hasn't paid a dime since her second visit).

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Mo mOney in the fund! Wa hoo.

Yeah, im an anti dentite.. (seinfeld refence). 

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:06 PM
our dental plan pays 100 percent of dental cleaning and if you go to the dentist regularly they pay 100 percent of the cost for filings. But getting teeth pulled they only pay 80%.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

our dental plan pays 100 percent of dental cleaning and if you go to the dentist regularly they pay 100 percent of the cost for filings. But getting teeth pulled they only pay 80%.

I like that :) 

Jillysmom
by Adele on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:14 PM

thats great.

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:35 PM
And Derek informed me that the kids are covered under the dental too.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:41 PM

last Jan we put the boys on John's dental and then CHP picked up what BC/BS didn't cover. However, Waves doens't have dental. 

I really wish that they had a step program for CHP, where they covered co-pays etc for families that have to carry family for both spouses.

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

And Derek informed me that the kids are covered under the dental too.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

Wife to John; Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex;
Full time Aunt to Carly-Ann.

elwalters77
by Erica on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Hell yeah, I'd be asking for a check! That's a lot that you could use for vacation!

CreziaMommyTo2
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:11 PM

i love dental insurance... 

we only have to pay $50 at the time of services and leave a CC on file incase ins doesnt cover it all, but before they charge the card, they let us know how much...

Emschick38
by Ali on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Our dental was annoying, until May of last year then it changed. But over here I dont pay for anything unless I receive care off base. I really like that no copay thing. not even for medical stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)