Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

A few weeks ago, Naiya had some work done on her mouth and it cost about $1000 (give or take a couple of hundred).

Well, the dentist office assumes that the insurance will pay half so they ask you to pay half of your bill at the time service is rendered.

This time, the receptionist allowed me to charge $400 that visit and $400 the following week (payday).

Two weeks after Naiya's visit, I went back with Nathanael and they hadn't yet heard back from the insurance so they agreed to bill insurance first and then see how much I would owe. I was pretty sure that I had overpaid with that $800 but I didn't want the dentist to send me a check. I just wanted whatever credit I had to be applied to Nathanael.

Well...I got a Services Rendered Invoice. It was paid in full with a credit of $656! Fabulous.

I had only expected a hundred or two so I was just going to leave it with them but that much?! Send me the check so I can put it in my vacation fund to help pay for Great Wolf Lodge.

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Replies (11-11):
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM

My dental plan pays 100% for cleanings once every six months. Full dental x rays every two years. 80% for fillings, 50% for anything else up to fifteen hundred a year per person.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)