Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Who's bright idea was this

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM
  • 8 Replies
So I belong to a cake decorating group on facebook. One lady posted there is a fundraiser for a 9 year old boy with brittle diabetes. Baked goods are needed for a fundraiser. Really cakes, cookies, and cupcakes. I know they sell but couldn't they find something else to sell.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kmary
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh the irony.  Well, I guess whatever brings in the money!

Jillysmom
by Adele on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Sorry, hope you are able to make money

elwalters77
by Erica on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I'm brittle diabetic. We can eat sweets, in moderation, as should anyone else. Its a misconception that diabetics cannot have sugar. Hell, when my blood sugar is low I NEED sugar. It's about carbohydrates overall, not just sugar.

I hope he gets the help he needs. I wonder why they need a fund raiser. Does he not have insurance? Did the parents have to take time off/quit work?

squeekers
Bad Golf Taking advantage of a balmy day in New York, a priest and three other men of the cloth swapped their clerical garb for polos and khakis and time out on the golf course. After several really horrible shots, their caddy asked, "You guys wouldn't be priests by any chance?" "Actually, yes, we are," one cleric replied. "How did you know?" "Easy," said the caddy, "I've never seen such bad golf and such clean langu
Yesterday at 4:54 AM
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:12 PM

be different: make peanut allergy free cookies, gluten free brownies, celiac safe baked goods.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I agree. 

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:45 AM
I asked about it, They're trying to raise funds to get the boy a service dog. I donated fruit and muffins.

Quoting elwalters77:

I'm brittle diabetic. We can eat sweets, in moderation, as should anyone else. Its a misconception that diabetics cannot have sugar. Hell, when my blood sugar is low I NEED sugar. It's about carbohydrates overall, not just sugar.

I hope he gets the help he needs. I wonder why they need a fund raiser. Does he not have insurance? Did the parents have to take time off/quit work?

elwalters77
by Erica on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Those digs are awesome! They can sense a low blood sugar!

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

I asked about it, They're trying to raise funds to get the boy a service dog. I donated fruit and muffins.

Quoting elwalters77:

Mom2BandCJ
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I can see both sides of this... It's an easy to organize fundraiser and the profits are often huge, but as a reactive hypoglycemic, I think Really?  I know whenever I'm asked to purchase at one of these I make a donation, but don't want the baked goods - maybe that's the goal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN