Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Who's bright idea was this

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM
  • 8 Replies
So I belong to a cake decorating group on facebook. One lady posted there is a fundraiser for a 9 year old boy with brittle diabetes. Baked goods are needed for a fundraiser. Really cakes, cookies, and cupcakes. I know they sell but couldn't they find something else to sell.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kmary
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh the irony.  Well, I guess whatever brings in the money!

Jillysmom
by Adele on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Sorry, hope you are able to make money

elwalters77
by Erica on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I'm brittle diabetic. We can eat sweets, in moderation, as should anyone else. Its a misconception that diabetics cannot have sugar. Hell, when my blood sugar is low I NEED sugar. It's about carbohydrates overall, not just sugar.

I hope he gets the help he needs. I wonder why they need a fund raiser. Does he not have insurance? Did the parents have to take time off/quit work?

squeekers
http://www.richdemuro.com/home/2014/12/17/how-to-get-a-refund-from-google-play-for-in-app-purchases-your-kids-made-without-your-permission
Yesterday at 12:41 AM
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:12 PM

be different: make peanut allergy free cookies, gluten free brownies, celiac safe baked goods.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I agree. 

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:45 AM
I asked about it, They're trying to raise funds to get the boy a service dog. I donated fruit and muffins.

Quoting elwalters77:

I'm brittle diabetic. We can eat sweets, in moderation, as should anyone else. Its a misconception that diabetics cannot have sugar. Hell, when my blood sugar is low I NEED sugar. It's about carbohydrates overall, not just sugar.

I hope he gets the help he needs. I wonder why they need a fund raiser. Does he not have insurance? Did the parents have to take time off/quit work?

elwalters77
by Erica on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Those digs are awesome! They can sense a low blood sugar!

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

I asked about it, They're trying to raise funds to get the boy a service dog. I donated fruit and muffins.

Quoting elwalters77:

Mom2BandCJ
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I can see both sides of this... It's an easy to organize fundraiser and the profits are often huge, but as a reactive hypoglycemic, I think Really?  I know whenever I'm asked to purchase at one of these I make a donation, but don't want the baked goods - maybe that's the goal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN